Can you remember your first assessment?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sharondd

Reaction score
This Tuesday I have got a written A&P exam, and then I have got a manicure assesment

I would say I am very confident and know the routine, my polishing techniques have improved but are still not perfect, I can do the hand/arm massage without looking at my notes

But the thought of doing it as an assesment scares me, if I make a mistake then its a fail :Scared:

This Tuesday I have got a written A&P exam, and then I have got a manicure assesment

I would say I am very confident and know the routine, my polishing techniques have improved but are still not perfect, I can do the hand/arm massage without looking at my notes

But the thought of doing it as an assesment scares me, if I make a mistake then its a fail :Scared:

Hi I am at college too, we have not had any written assessments but I have done a nail art assessment and passed everyone in the group passed it no problem.. I was nervous but if for any reason you don't pass you can do it again so it's not a problem. I have a mani and pedi assessment in a week or so too and the bit I'm worried about is the massage routine I always forget the order lol but I'm sure you will be fine good luck x

This is our first written exam to, and its the biggest exam of the course, apparently there is more A&P this year then there has ever been (aint we lucky lol)

Im confident with the bones and the layers of the skin, also the lymph system, arteries and veins, the nail, I am still trying to get to grips with all the conditions and diseases of the nail and also the muscles

Glad to hear that you passed and good luck to you in the future

This is our first written exam to, and its the biggest exam of the course, apparently there is more A&P this year then there has ever been (aint we lucky lol)

Im confident with the bones and the layers of the skin, also the lymph system, arteries and veins, the nail, I am still trying to get to grips with all the conditions and diseases of the nail and also the muscles

Glad to hear that you passed and good luck to you in the future

I have just started anatomy not as far into it as you are yet.. I hope you do well on your exams let me know how you get on and what to watch out for lol x

Bless you, I feel your nerves!!

I can very clearly remember my first assessment, it was in makeup and I had the worst nights sleep ever the night before, I was so terrified! It was absolutely fine, I passed and it wasnt as bad as I thought but I still had terrible nerves!

Good luck x

That's why I'm doing the Btec, I hate written exams with a passion, my hands sweat, mouth dry and my brain is on empty:irked: But it does mean we get assignments and 3 practical assessments in each unit.
Anyway I'm here to offer a suggestion not just sympathy:biggrin:
We did a table with all the nail contra indications
First column the name, ie impetigo, then the next column is a lovely picture of someone with impetigo, next is what it is, fungal, bacterial, viral or parasite and last box we say if it's a treat with variation or don't treat at all.
One of the girls on my course put a copy of this in the front of her routine folder, so at every class it's the first thing she sees when she opens the folder and I've done the same. It gets the info to stick in my head and spending all that time on google images helped a lot too.
hth :hug:

I have just started anatomy not as far into it as you are yet.. I hope you do well on your exams let me know how you get on and what to watch out for lol x

I knew we would have to learn about the nail and skin, but I didnt realise just how much more we have to learn, I could be a surgeon at the end of it lol:lol:

Which course are you on?

Susie we had to create a table like that in our workbooks, its just so many of the names are so simular, its a good tip for remembering them though..... thanks

I have even got a diagram of the skin up on my wall and every time I pass it I have a look

Today I passed my Manicure written exam, my A&P written exam and my 1st manicure assesment
To say I am pleased is an under statment!!

Today I passed my Manicure written exam, my A&P written exam and my 1st manicure assesment

Well done xx I asked when we will have our written exam and I'm not sure when it is yet what sort of things came up in the test ?
I am not good at tests I get so nervous and worry
Well done

I was so nervous!!

I'm not sure you would have the same test paper as me as I don't know what course you are doing

But what I will say is know your nail diseases, the skin, the nail, the bones, the muscles, the veins and arteries, infact its everything that you have been taught really

I was so nervous!!

I'm not sure you would have the same test paper as me as I don't know what course you are doing

But what I will say is know your nail diseases, the skin, the nail, the bones, the muscles, the veins and arteries, infact its everything that you have been taught really

My course is nvq level 2 in nail services, we may have a while before ours then as we have not reached the skeleton bit of anatomy book yet.
Is it a multiple choice paper? Lol I'm already nervous

Ours was a multiple choice paper and I am sure you will be fine, some of the questions I could answer straight away, others took a bit longer and a little more thinking lol

Well done chica bet you feel relieved lol

My very first assesment was manicure and i was quite nervous but only because i wanted to do a really good job,we were taught to apply polish in 3 strokes only and my hand was shaking so much but i passed anyway :)

Latest posts

Back