Can your nails be too curved for Shellac?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heatherp

Reaction score
Hi peeps

I had a regular client in for shellac today and she went home to see her mum a couple of weeks ago and had her nails done at a walk in salon near her mum as I was poorly.

She said the tech said that she should give shellac a break because some of her nails were too curved.

Now there was no sign of onychoyisis/seperation, non of her free edge were particularly flaky and I would not say that there was severe curve to her nails but I'd never heard curving being a problem, apart from it being dehydration which I would have thought would show in other ways too.

Am I correct in what I am thinking?

H xx

My natural nails have always had a very dramatic C curve- an almost perfect semi circle.
I keep them long and have worn Shellac for 2 years. Not once had a problem on my nails, nor the nails of similar clients I've done in that same time period.
I also have a client who's nails are naturally downward curving, quite severely, like claws and she can also wear Shellac without problems.
Perhaps that tells you something? x

Thanks Fee, you are thinking the same as me.

Just couldn't understand why a salon would tell her something like this?

H x

I have one client whose thumbs curl really badly at the free-edge corner when they get too long, they often don't cure properly as they don't get sufficient light saturation when in the lamp, but it's unusual and I prefer to keep her nails just a little shorter than that length anyway but you know what clients are like :D

Curved nails are no reason to avoid Shellac, someone was not being truthful methinks :irked:

Latest posts

Back