Cancel cancel cancel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KirstieLou

Reaction score
Everyone minus 3 clients have cancelled on me this year so far!!! It has been pretty much the same since I started & I'm getting fed up again!
I text to remind the day before & it's only new clients that cancel so I can't be doing anything wrong but 3 clients in a month really?!
Help here lol x

Write yourself a cancelation policy, make sure it's seen by all clients and then enforce it.

to be honest i have only ever had 1 or 2 cancel but then again majority of my clients phone or text within a week of needing and apptxx

Its no so bad if they cancel but when they dont turn up its bugs me so much :-(

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

The week before last I had 10, yep, you read that right, TEN, clients cancel because of illness.
Persianista once had 12 cancellations in her hair/beauty salons in one day just before Christmas one year because of the snow.
Today, one of my most loyal, regular and biggest spending clients completely forgot about her appointment despite being called yesterday to confirm.
Sh*t happens. Expect it, and plan for it.

I've had a similar situation this year... clients booking there appointments in December ready for January then realising that they don't have enough money for the month so nails is the first thing the do without so they've been cancelling and rescheduling for after pay day . I've been abit fed up but the rest of the week looks quite promising. fingers crossed
I hope things pick up for you too:hug:

Nothing worse than turning clients away because ur fully booked and then people dont turn up :-(

Nothing worse than turning clients away because ur fully booked and then people dont turn up :-(

Yes Dani, I agree, I can't stand that. But unless you have a card machine, taking a deposit when clients book doesn't work, especially when you work from home.. if you say you want deposit sent on booking, clients won't send it. So what would a cancellation policy entail for homeworkers ?

Not entirely sure how I can enforce a cancellation policy which will be effective, I'm home based so its a struggle.
Bit of reassurance that the best of us therapists are even getting cancellations though! I suppose its just one of those things. Next week looks better but will ill see how it goes, I think January sucks!x

Not entirely sure how I can enforce a cancellation policy which will be effective, I'm home based so its a struggle.
Bit of reassurance that the best of us therapists are even getting cancellations though! I suppose its just one of those things. Next week looks better but will ill see how it goes, I think January sucks!x

Cancellations is expected especially in January, to quote Lynn off another thread 'snow, leargy, long wait for pay day and credit cars bills following Christmas and the party season' so January is slow for everyone, I've done ok but still had cancellations so would have done better, luckily my cancellations have rebooked so not lost money just moved money, it is annoying and gets you down but our businesses are seasonal and Jan os always going to be a down month so work hard the rest of the year to cover it!!

Working from home is the same as a salon, you can enforce a cancellation policy, simply update your website and fb page etc and let customers know on booking apts with you that you now have a cancellations policy and what it is. Its up to you then to enforce it should they cancel. Im implementing a 3 strike rule
Where on their 3rd cancellation at short notice the next apt will require 50% upfront payment and will only move with their apt if 48 hours notice is given or its lost.

Further to that they may be requested to leave a small deposit from then on or given 1 more chance before tripping the 50% payment needed again.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek

Working from home is the same as a salon, you can enforce a cancellation policy, simply update your website and fb page etc and let customers know on booking apts with you that you now have a cancellations policy and what it is. Its up to you then to enforce it should they cancel. Im implementing a 3 strike rule
Where on their 3rd cancellation at short notice the next apt will require 50% upfront payment and will only move with their apt if 48 hours notice is given or its lost.

oooooh I like that!!! But I have to agree that without a card machine, it is quite hard to implement that... I have Paypal that could possibly work, but it would be quite hard otherwise.

I think if people know that they will be paying more, they just won't turn up. Which is why a deposit on booking is the only effective way.

I've only had one customer who messed me about soooo much with cancellations that I drew up a notice which is in my home salon facing the customer that basically politely asks to let me know 24 hours beforehand if they wish to cancel thier next appointment. And it works.

But most of my ladies are so nice anyway, they have valid excuses if they do cancel which is rare, that the problem doesn't really exist. And if I do get real trouble from a client, I would let the client know that a charge will be made and if I lose her, then good, cos I don't need that person to put it politely !

I'm home based an although I have a cancellation policy, I don't try and enforce it as I only take cheques or cash. Fortunately I don't have a lot of cancellations but when they do happen I ensure that I go straight back (and I mean straight back!) to the client get them to rebook, offering as many alternative dates and times as possible.

It can be very difficult to get clients to come back in if they cancel an appointment or don't rebook straight away after an appointment....bills, kids and life in general starts getting in the way and chances are you won't see them again for ages. Not good for business continuity :evil:

January has been good for me (best month so far in fact) and every single one of my clients has rebooked for February or March and any cancellations due to weather have been rescheduled. Get on it and stay on it and don't let your clients get away!!

Good luck
PB
x

I've had a few cancellations, though in all fairness due to the weather, I did contact a few of my clients to say that if they wanted to rebook that was absolutely fine (I'm home based and the road was fairly treachorous last week). All the client's did rebook and have also recommended me to their friends, so although January isn't fantastic from a cashflow point of view I've taken the opportunity to do some marketing and work on my facebook page and website.

I think Feb is going to be much better i've already started getting lots of bookings so keep your chin up :)

Latest posts

Back