Cancelations!!!Grrrr!All the time!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MissLou

Reaction score
Hey guys,
Is anybody out there getting lots of cancelations at the mo?
I am starting to get really annoyed and upset,my clints have just started cancelling their appointments the evening before or even on the day of their appoinment and it really messes me up! I just feel like they dont give a damn that there the only ones i do and i dont work them around other people or my life, whats going on?and i know its not all down to the credit crunch, not in all cases, why have people got so bad at letting others down? not to mention my wage at the end of the week has been diabolical recently, im so fed up! I starting to feel as if i need to get part time job which i dont really want to do as i want to focus on my hairdressing. :cry::cry::cry:

Anyone got any bright ideas or words of wisdom?

sorry for the rant....

Hi sorry its turning like this for you, I haven't recently experienced cancellations but have recently been to a regular who failed to be in when i went to the agreed appointment and have not heard from them since. I am also experiencing a very quiet spell and my regulars are leaving longer between appointments. It is really hard for people at the moment, but we kind of know the ones who wont be affected much, so what is their excuse.

Hope things look up for you soon. Hope they do for me too, I have also been thinking about some part time work, which like yourself I don't want to do, but I am hearing of other Hairdressers in my area retiring, emigrating and just packing it in so fingers crossed more clients come to me.

I've been saying for ages that it's tough out there at the moment. people cancel at the last minute when they decide that they can't afford to get their hair done. Some people on here would have you beleive that they are rushed off their feet and all is fantastic. I have been in the trade for 25 years and been a salon owner for 10 years and I can say for certain that its tough at the moment.

I can second what persianista has says, my salon is going through a tough time one minute we are busy then we are quiet, I dread the middle of the month :cry:

Hi, I think sometimes I think they see the weather forecast and if its going to be nice they may sit out or enjoy the weather or do the garden instead :hug:

Hi...

Its definitely not the best time for any business and yes sometimes maybe the credit crunch does effect it but you shouldn't take it personally.

If you're in a Salon why don't you see if your manager could do some special promotions, and if you're Freelance then you could put on your own promotions, draw in some new clients and hopefully build a new collection of regulars, and when the economy has picked up again, hopefully your cancelling clients will be back to you!

Don't get disheartened!

Good luck

MHD x x x

They make it sound so easy!!! Stick 10% off on the window and they will all come flocking!!! Go to any high street and look at how many offers and promos going on, and how many empty shops there are.
Superior client care and consistantly good treatments are the only things working at the moment.

I don't think offers always work in my experience unless its free and then if a client saw an offer they may stop and think, why are they doing this offer? Are they short on clients? Why are they short on clients?

I have see some terrible offers from hair and beauty therapists on places like gumtree and they can barely string a decent sentence together, which to me I wouldn't respond. They don't describe themselves enough about the important bits clients will want to know and yet they are giving free first time hair cuts away, I always think 'I wonder why?'.

Latest posts

Back