Cancellation Fees

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

maceyratbags

Reaction score
My clients are aware that they should give me at least 24hrs notice if they need to cancel their appointment. Missed/forgetten appointments are charged at £20 to cover time & travel expenses (I am mobile). This is printed on the back of my appointment cards that I always make sure my client has.

My question is, how do I actually enforce this? For example:

A client books an appointment two weeks in advance. The day before I ring to reconfirm the appointment. I drive to her house the next evening only to discover that she is just about to leave and had completely forgotten about me coming. I have used my time and money to get to her home, and could have re-arranged my diary to fit in another client had I have known earlier.

Is it down to the descretion of the client whether or not to pay me? I can't see any other way!

Hi Ange,

There was a similar thread to this asked not too long ago which had a large response...if you check back there may be some helpful suggestions for you there.

This is a problem not only for mobile technicians but in salons too. I think it is really up to you to enforce this, you need to point out what it says on the back of your appointment card and then if the client repeatedly does it, either ask for a deposit upfront or you may have to refuse to return in bad cases.

Best of luck with the situation anyway hun...your not on your own.

nicolajane x

I think it is up to you to enforce this rule. It might be awkward to ask for the money as you meet someone leaving their house, or impossible if you find no one home! It might be easier to charge them the cancellation fee on their next appointment. When they call back to reschedule you can warn them that the fee will be added to their bill so that they are sure to have the money onhand to pay you.

that you said that you even spoke with your client the evening before via phone to confirm the appointment so I can see you accepting her excuse that she 'forgot it". (( unless you know that your client has a medication situaltion ))
So, I am thinking that what is on your mind is how do you enforce your policy without having a client become upset about it and disappearing from your nail table, perhaps forver.
If you have a full book, if you have a waiting list, then you should not be nervous at all about collecting the fee. If that is not the case, then YOU have to weight the results of the situation and decide what is in YOUR best interest.

I meant to write

that you said that you even spoke with your client the evening before via phone to confirm the appointment so I can "" NOT "" see you accepting her excuse that she 'forgot it".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back