Cancelling appointment due to wanting to sunbathe!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pika

Reaction score
Southampton, Portsmouth & Welwyn Garden City (i'm
Yep, this is what happened to me today. £90 worth of treatment booked in this afternoon (I'm mobile) then get a text this morning asking to reschedule her appointment to next week so she can catch a few rays!! I swear some people think I wait at home all day everyday waiting for them to book an appointment and that I have no other clients who would have liked the appointment they have cancelled at the last minute! :(

One of those days today :(

Yep, this is what happened to me today. £90 worth of treatment booked in this afternoon (I'm mobile) then get a text this morning asking to reschedule her appointment to next week so she can catch a few rays!! I swear some people think I wait at home all day everyday waiting for them to book an appointment and that I have no other clients who would have liked the appointment they have cancelled at the last minute! :(

One of those days today :(

Oh wow, im quite a softie and if people cancel last min due to illness etc then fair enough, you cant help being sick but cancelling due to wanting to sunbathe!! Im surprised she was so honest about why she was cancelling, what did you say??

Oh dear, lets hope she re-books. It is frustrating, I work mobile too and had my first ever no-show yesterday!!!!!!! I did her a favor by saying she can come round mine for a last minute spray tan as she is of on hols today. It was also a reduced price as the last tan she had was with the LA Tan solution I had problems with ( I posted on this one before) I have tanned her a few times and realy thought she would be reliable. I rushed through my morning, got home had a speed cleaning session, locked the dogs out, set up in my Kitchen for her and waited, and waited and waited. Finally sent text and get a reply 45minutes later saying she lost her phone and all her numbers. How was she able to get my text then??????

Chin up my lovely, hopefully she will need extra pampering on all that sunburn, ( Evil Laugh echoes around the room)

Not alot I could say really, its just so frustrating, even more so when it's last minute. Oh well, at least I got a few rays aswel and managed to do some paperwork :)
I can't believe she made you rush around and squeeze her in then just not show! Why do people do it?!

Plus, while I was getting ready for her, I got a call, someone wanting a tan for her and a friend wondering if I could fit them in yesterday afternoon. Wish I had told them to come round.

Never mind hey, just reminds you that customers are really a bit selfish at times.

Always the way isn't it. I wonder how they would feel if that was their livelihood someone messed about and didn't care about. Would be nice if we could have a cancellation policy in place but I can't see any way of enforcing it.

Very difficult with being mobile I know. I am looking in to maybe taking a 50% deposit on larger parties or expensive treatments. That way if they let you down you can keep the deposit if your cancellation policy states that it is non refundable but if you dont already have some of their money I think it would be very hard to get anything out of them. They would just go somwhere else. It's a shame. I might try to Barclays Pingit app as it is instant they say.This has been discussed on here quite often and I have not found anything that I can enforce reliably yet

Some people can be so selfish sometimes I wonder how they would feel if they went into work and their boss said to them I'm not going to pay you today! ....one thing I learned while mobile tho never rely on the money it's not set in stone luckily it doesn't happen often but I think everyone's had days like this- still, someone cancelling because they wanted to sunbathe instead what a cheek!!

That is exactly what I wanted to say to her, but unfortunately they know they pretty much get away with it with us :( it is just that, pure selfishness and complete lack of thoughtfulness! I may start saying to new clients that a 50% deposit is required on services £50 and over to hopefully try and prevent them from cancelling at the last minute. Luckily it doesn't happen to me often but when it does...my god do I feel angry! Lol

Some clients really annoy me! They seem to think we just are on hand whenever they feel like it! I had a lady say to me today "I wish you would answer your phone" well im sorry but I can't answer the phone and do treatments at the same time! I always call back ASAP but I am busy most days so sometimes it's difficult to call back straight away. Does my head in! Grr! (needed a moan!)

Omg I had a similar one a few weeks back, she rang and left a voicemail at 10:30 (I was busy at the time) then I receive a text at just gone midday saying "I assume you are not interested in my custom seeing as you haven't returned my call, I will go elsewhere!"
Not being funny, I would be a bit concerned about going to somebody who was readily available at all times, being busy means you're doing something right!

I has two people booked in yesterday for each haveing a shellac mani and pedi. They didnt turn up and are not asweeing their phone. So im out £110. X it sucks im moving house on tuesday was was relying on that monet for a new fridge. X

Sent from my GT-P1000 using SalonGeek

I've just had a wonderful experience.

A facebook message last weekend:
Her: Can you do a tan for my sister next Fri morning please?

Me: I can only do after 2.30pm Fri.

Her: That's too late. Can you do Thur night?

Me: I am going to west Wales to visit family but will call to her on my way home if she wants, it would be 8pm.

Her: That would be great.

Me: Please text me her name, address & a contact number so I can book her in, thanks.

I got no text so on Wed I messaged asking for the contact details to be sent so that I could book the appointment in.

Still nothing so yesterday I messaged asking for the details to be sent by 5pm or I would assume the tan was no longer required.

I am still waiting for a response.

Ive just had a spray tan party cancel on me :( £90 gone in a puff of smoke :(

I'm mobile and I always take a non refundable/non transferable deposit.

My motto is: no deposit no booking simples!

I understand that people have to cancel due to illness, but it's the ones that just mess you about start to get under your skin😡

I have had a couple of clients in the past try and cancel trials due to 'wanting to catch some rays' due the hot weather and I have politely reminded them how much they will be losing in deposits if they do cancel and that I will not rebook them unless another deposit to secure their new book date it given.

Suddenly catching rays isn't that appealing to them!

Last edited:
How have you found people's response to taking a deposit? And how have you enforced receiving the money? I had a chat with my mum about it and she said she thinks it may put potential clients off x

Just to let you guys know that this week had been my quietist in years! Its the sun, people are scared to go in doors because they think they will miss a ray! Luckily been steady/busy for quiet a few weeks now so not too bothered but why make the appointment if you are just going to drop it if a better offer EG sunshine comes up! Rude! X

I don't ask all clients to give a non refundable deposit but I do ask those who cancel last minute or don't confirm their appointments with me (basically a no show) for a non refundable deposit to book their next appointment.

This usually makes them realise that you didn't appreciate them messing you about previously and they either pay up without quibble or they decide they want to go elsewhere.

I don't need clients that think they can mess me about so those that want to go elsewhere can. IF they do come back at any point asking for another appointment I remind them I need a deposit (I have the few who I need a deposit from written down in the back of my diary, at the moment I know the guilty parties off the top of my head as there are not many of them).

How have you found people's response to taking a deposit? And how have you enforced receiving the money? I had a chat with my mum about it and she said she thinks it may put potential clients off x

I find that clients do not have a problem as long as you explain why you asking for the deposit and give them something in writting like a contract explaining your T&Cs making it crystal clear that it is non refundable etc.

As I mostly do wedding and photo shoots my time is booked out in half or full days so I risk loosing £££ if a client cancels, as I cant fill the slot.

Also in todays climit people have ltd funds, lots of ppl losing jobs etc so the risk of cancellations are higher than before, so by taking a non refundable deposit it makes client think 'do I really what the treatment or can i really afford it'

On the 2 occasions that i didnt charge a deposit both clients messed me about something rotten, changing trial dates at the last min (the night before and one the morning of the trial) etc to the point where i politley asked them to find another artist.

I work mobile I can not fill cancellation slots at short notice, so by taking a deposit it has a least compensated some of my time, as like most people bills still need to be paid.

Some clients really annoy me! They seem to think we just are on hand whenever they feel like it! I had a lady say to me today "I wish you would answer your phone" well im sorry but I can't answer the phone and do treatments at the same time! I always call back ASAP but I am busy most days so sometimes it's difficult to call back straight away. Does my head in! Grr! (needed a moan!)

Tell her that is why she MUST book her next appointment before you leave. As you are so busy you -

a) cannot always answer your phone, and

b) if she wants a specific time she needs to book it in advance in order to secure it and not be disappointed.

Latest posts

Back