Cancer sufferers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kimi1101

Reaction score
Hi.

My mother in law has cancer and had chemo last year, but didnt lose her hair. she thinned a bit but not too much. now she going to have another lot of chemo, abnd i know that she is not guaranteed to keep her hair this time. Last time i got her energy shampoo and serum from sp, but since ive opened my own salon and dont stock sp, does anyone know of any other shampoo/treatments as im gonna have to pay for something so would rather buy her something that is most likely to help. Thanks. Also she occasionally gets a few highlights, she is pretty white and gtes a few base 9 or 10 foils, will this be a problem because of chemo? xxx

i think colour can react with the deposits left in the hair from chemo , best take a strand test

You could try the brands store locator to find out who stocks that product.

When your mother-in-law has her chemo she should be given a card with the type on that she is receiving. Phone your colour company with these details and they will be the best to advise you on what you can and can't do.
Most companies recommend not to colour until at least 6 months after the last chemo session.

I have had quite a few clients going through chemo and it really is different from case to case.

Thanks very much. she had highlights done before when she was on chemo but its a different treatment this time. Will call Wella tomorrow morning :) thanks xxx

Latest posts

Back