Cannot decide who to train with; Balmain, KM, Lush or Great lengths?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kjs78

Reaction score
Hello again,

After hours on the internet and phone, I am still undecided whom to train with; Balmain, KM, Lushus or Great lenghts?
They will all train at my home which is what im looking for, but they vary in price and the methods they teach.

Also which method is best please; fusion or pre-bonds?
Micro rings or shrinkies?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Hello again,

After hours on the internet and phone, I am still undecided whom to train with; Balmain, KM, Lushus or Great lenghts?
They will all train at my home which is what im looking for, but they vary in price and the methods they teach.

Also which method is best please; fusion or pre-bonds?
Micro rings or shrinkies?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Hi,

I trained with Balmain at my local wholesalers, there was only 2 of us so that was great, that was prebonded, then I had a 1-2-1 with a trainer from Lush us in micro rings, very relaxed and informal. I enjoyed them both. I'm sure Balmain will come to your home as they offered to do that for me for other methods.

Are Balmain and Lushus both Habia approved do you know?

Also, do they train you on people or head blocks?

Sorry for all the questions

Balmain is Habia approved and also now will teach micro rings for their Double Hair technique. :)

I believe both are habia approved, this would be stated on their website. I know Lush Us Uk only train on live models, i found this really useful in my training with them, as training heads do not truly represent a clients head for extension purposes.
Snazzy

Looking into Balmain a little more, it seems they use slightly diiferent methods; micro plusbonds, soft weave and double hair, they say nothing about fusion though. If I trained with Balmain, would I still need to train with other companys do you know to learn the micro bonds?

Sorry Sophizticuts just re-read your earlier post. Are micro rings equilvilant to micro plusbonds do you know?

I did training with KM.
small groups, which is always good.
also they do different offers and discounts so I got £100 off.
habia approved

No. Micro plus bonds is just a technique/term for when you are blending in at the end. It is a normal keratin bond, just half the size.

i would look for the company that can train you in the most popular methods as you would need to re-train with another company to obtain certification so it could end up costing you twice as much. I mostly do pre bonds and micro rings but also trained in shrink tubes.

Thanks so much for all your great advice, have decided I'm gonna train with a lady called Linda, found her through geek forums. She said it's best to train with fusion first, (apparently once I can do fusion I can do pre-bonds), micro rings and micro wefts. Lush us will certify training :) can't wait!

Thanks so much for all your great advice, have decided I'm gonna train with a lady called Linda, found her through geek forums. She said it's best to train with fusion first, (apparently once I can do fusion I can do pre-bonds), micro rings and micro wefts. Lush us will certify training :) can't wait!
well... from my personal experience - do not go for hot glue with glue gun method.
because clients want no damage hair extensions. and the most popular methods on the market are pre-bonded - cold and hot methods.

I went for pre bonded and microring weft. shrinkies method is same as microrings, just u have to heat the shrinkie.
that's it. girls with me on a course who went for glue method - were unhappy with it and booked again for same as I did.
don't waste your money girl.
:rolleyes:

Hi has anyone a contact number for balmain I wonder if they would come to republic of Ireland to train?

I agree with the comment about fusion. It shed's lots so clients come back is huge as they're extensions go thinner!! It also takes lots longer to fit and I really don't have many clients asking for fusion anymore - does anyone else?????

Latest posts

Back