Can't get extension clients?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh hun! I feel your pain. If you were closer I'd get mine done :(

Have you tried the models required group on here? Or salon guinea pig (I have no idea what it's actually called - someone will know! Haha) x

Hey does any one know a good website to get good quality micro ring hair extensions???

Do you mean stick tip hair or the micro loop hair?
I buy stick/I-tip hair and the micro rings separately x

I've asked for models offer for them just to buy the hair so 120 maximum! And they still want it cheaper! It's ridiculous for professional fitted extensions guaranteed to last 3 months and that's too expensive! :(

I was running three adverts online offering extensions with just the cost of the hair saying that I needed to build a portfolio etc. I got zero response so I changed the advert just saying it was a limited time offer and I got my first 9 customers;)

Also I use wix.com to build a website linked to my facebook and twitter accounts and two clients told me that they chose me over other extensionists in the area as my website was very informative so it will pay off.

I am just starting out too :) Best of luck x

Just the micro rings I'm to lazy to attach them so just want ready done ones :)

Just the micro rings I'm to lazy to attach them so just want ready done ones :)

I've found that the microloops back comb the hair almost and matt after a few weeks x

I've literally just qualified in fusion and microbond extensions, and I'm struggling to even get models for hair extensions at a very low price.

I live in an area where lots of girls do extensions for good prices, how can I make myself stand out to bring in the clients?i advertise on Facebook, gumtree and have business cards and fliers on the way, I don't know what else up do. No one in my area wants expensive high end extensions, they just want a cheap full head.

Help!! Even if I make back the training costs il be happy!!

Xxxx

Hi love just wanted let u know someone on here said say limited offer put it on a few selling pages on facebook for models and I've got 6 people already hopefully they all work out then I can build my portfolio x

I was running three adverts online offering extensions with just the cost of the hair saying that I needed to build a portfolio etc. I got zero response so I changed the advert just saying it was a limited time offer and I got my first 9 customers;)

Also I use wix.com to build a website linked to my facebook and twitter accounts and two clients told me that they chose me over other extensionists in the area as my website was very informative so it will pay off.

I am just starting out too :) Best of luck x
Thank u I copied ure idea I have loads of models to contact today xxx

All 5 of my models have cancelled on me at last minute :(

So hurt! Does anyone share my pain lol?

:sad: xxx

I always make sure i take a 50% non refundable deposit when they book, this covers the cost of the hair if they decide to cancel. x

I gave the models rough price how much the hair will be I have one come back to me oh I thought be about £20. I would like a whole head done for twenty pounds please x

I always make sure i take a 50% non refundable deposit when they book, this covers the cost of the hair if they decide to cancel. x

They cancelled their consultations so I never had a chance to get a deposit x

I gave the models rough price how much the hair will be I have one come back to me oh I thought be about £20. I would like a whole head done for twenty pounds please x

Exactly!!
People have no clue x

I've found that advertising for models at a limited time only has attracted impulsive people who cancel last minute when they realise they have to pay up x

I've found that advertising for models at a limited time only has attracted impulsive people who cancel last minute when they realise they have to pay up x
I booked a consultation for one next week x I love to have mine down for £20 lol. Where are you based x

I never had this problem. Even had to close down my website and not take any new clients just referrals. In London there is a large amount of competitors but also lots of customers. There are plenty ways to stand out from the crowd you just have to think further and instead of comparing to the competitors stand independent of them in a league of your own!

I think you're all wrong in focusing so much on price all the time. Even people with limited amount of cash save up for a gourmet veal cutlet or a designer wallet because it is worth it in the end, just saying. I dont think always blaming your failure on "bad times" is the way to go. Many of my clients are hard working single mums who see this as perhaps a luxury but something they would never give up even in harder times. Besides that, some of the companies that did the best in the recession are luxury brands like Gucci and Louis Vuitton, brands that are in a league of their own and move away from price and offer a story, an experience. This is something we can do too. What I am saying is maybe you are targeting the wrong people. The people with money will always have money and these are the clients I for one like to keep around and who I try to attract through my marketing efforts. I never had that much disposable income but I always got my extensions every 3 months no matter what, it was a necessity for me. But you sure as hell wont attract these clients with your £150 full head hair extension offer and lush us hair. These women know what quality costs, and are not afraid to pay it. If you havnt found customers willing to pay up your target marketing and marketing efforts are all wrong, and perhaps your strategy to go for the cheapest and please the bargainers, because rest assured you won't win and these or the least loyal customers.

I only ever had 1 person cancel an appointment and 2 people not decide to go ahead after the initial consultation. In several years of doing it.

Last edited:
I never had this problem. Even had to close down my website and not take any new clients just referrals. In London there is a large amount of competitors but also lots of customers. There are plenty ways to stand out from the crowd you just have to think further and instead of comparing to the competitors stand independent of them in a league of your own!

I think you're all wrong in focusing so much on price all the time. Even people with limited amount of cash save up for a gourmet veal cutlet or a designer wallet because it is worth it in the end, just saying. I dont think always blaming your failure on "bad times" is the way to go. Many of my clients are hard working single mums who see this as perhaps a luxury but something they would never give up even in harder times. Besides that, some of the companies that did the best in the recession are luxury brands like Gucci and Louis Vuitton, brands that are in a league of their own and move away from price and offer a story, an experience. This is something we can do too. What I am saying is maybe you are targeting the wrong people. The people with money will always have money and these are the clients I for one like to keep around and who I try to attract through my marketing efforts. I never had that much disposable income but I always got my extensions every 3 months no matter what, it was a necessity for me. But you sure as hell wont attract these clients with your £150 full head hair extension offer and lush us hair. These women know what quality costs, and are not afraid to pay it. If you havnt found customers willing to pay up your target marketing and marketing efforts are all wrong, and perhaps your strategy to go for the cheapest and please the bargainers, because rest assured you won't win and these or the least loyal customers.

I only ever had 1 person cancel an appointment and 2 people not decide to go ahead after the initial consultation. In several years of doing it.

Do you mind me asking how you marketed yourself when you first started?

Well first of all my business plan was 130 pages and very clear. I had painted 5 pictures of my ideal clients, my target market. I won't explain in detail as this is personal but I explained them in detail down to what they eat and what brands of clothing they wear. This helped me determine what is important to them, what needs i will fulfil. We're not selling things, we're selling a solution to a need, it's only a matter of figuring out what that need is. If the need is strong enough they will do anything to fulfil or pay it. You need to know where they seek this information and be there (do they look at celebrities, forums etc) and what is important to them. That's why I work a lot with theatre, movies and ballet as well as fashion shows as these are things important to my clients and it gives them faith in me. But I did a lot of other things can't possibly explain my whole marketing plan here ( it did help having a masters in business). I did make a lot of mistakes too though.

Wow 130 pages that's great
What your saying makes perfect sense. I guess its all thinking outside the box

Hiyaaa everyone, im a newbie and thought id comment on a few posts....

I have been doing hair extensions for 10 years now i learnt very young...over the years i have found them to be very popular, especially of late with the only way is essex on tv :p

I agree with some things that are said....i had one point where i struggled a bit, this was because no1 had the money do i dropped my price to very low, i thought it would boost clients as i had only started out but infact it didnt change a thing....then i started think what am i doing??? if you went to a salon and they were doing nails for instance for £25 and the one round the corner were doing theres for £7.00 who do you think would do a better job????? sometimes it isnt about how cheap you are but then if your going to charge hundreds you havent got a hope in hell unless your in a london salon......

I now provide my own system that is working a treat, i have had regular clients for years now.....all i simply do is provide a variety to choose from i have about 5 hair suppliers and 5 different prices.....if people are on a budget and dont mind basic hair they can afford it.....if people want quality hair but not want to pay the earth they can.....then theres an option for those who are well off and money is no option they just want the best hair there is......You cant lose theres something for everybody :)

Hope this helps some people :) xxx

Still having so much trouble getting clients :( its really depressing x

Latest posts

Back