Can't get Vinylux off rough toes - please help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JulieJ

Reaction score
I have a few older ladies that have Vinylux pedicures. Their toe nails can be slightly rough/thickened. When I return to re-do their pedi, the Vinylux is really difficult to remove as it's 'soaked into' the nail. I'm mobile, so I've started to soak the nails as though it was Shellac, whilst I'm setting my equipment up, just to save time. I'm wondering if I should use a Base coat underneath the Vinylux to help prevent the staining bit obviously this goes against Vinylux procedure. What should I do? I love my 'older' pedicure ladies, so interesting, chatty and a joy to treat but I feel like I'm offering a bad service, staining their nails with a polish near on impossible to remove completely xx

On clients like those I usually lay down a coat of a pale colour first such as Powder my Nose, or Lavishly loved, effectively acting as a base coat. I've found this helps to reduce any staining due to rough/dehydrated nails.

If using a paler shade as a 'base coat' and then 2 coats of the chosen colour plus topcoat, does removal take longer still? but no staining? TIA

I don't find that it takes any longer to remove, but it does help prevent staining on nails that are not perfect. I find there is a knack to removing Vinylux. Hold the remover soaked pad in place on the toenail for about 10 seconds to allow it to penetrate the top coat before you start to wipe the Vinylux away.

Latest posts

Back