Car expenses and mileage

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nickie@Nailmania-Limited

Goldie Hawn Geek
Reaction score
Hi

As I have just started operating on a mobile basis. I advice on what I need to do in relation to my car expenses.

Mileage.
Insurance
Car Tax
Repairs and servicing etc

What do all you Mobile Nail technicians and Beauticians do in this respect?

I am keeping a note of where my mileage was when I started visiting my clients at the weekend.

Any advice really gratefully received.

Toodle pip ...

There are some great help sheets regarding car expenses on the HMRC website. That's probably the best place to start.

The easiest way is to claim 45p per business mile (to & from clients, trips to hair/beauty shows/events, to & from courses, to wholesalers etc..).

This 45p covers everything car related: petrol, insurance, mot, wear & tear etc... so you just work out how many work miles you did and times it by .45 to get your car allowance.

There are 2 ways to work out your mileage for the above method:
1) Write down the mileage off the car before & after EVERY time you use your car (both personal use & business use needs to be recorded for this method).
2) Use a route planner like AA or RAC to put in your start postcode and your end postcode for each trip you do/did and then write those miles down in your accounts.

Latest posts

Back