Car magnets

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pika

Reaction score
Southampton, Portsmouth & Welwyn Garden City (i'm
Hiya, just a quickie...do any of you have these on your cars? And do you think you get much custom from this form of advertising? Xx

I do, and yes it brings me business. It's nice also when people stop me in car parks and says they've heard of DD and can they have a business card. (I'm usually on my day off when they see me and I'm in my scruffs!)

Right, mine are going on then. I used to have them on my old car, and as it was quite a rare car to be seen at the time, plus me being a petite blonde...it used to invite unwanted attention. But I now own a diesel vw golf so I'm pretty much invisible to other drivers now lol xx

I had these on my car.

I wouldn't say they brought me a huge amount of business.

But please be aware that you need to tell your insurance company and, when you do, it takes your insurance from business use up into commercial use. This would have meant a HUGE jump in my premiums.

For me, the small amount of increased clients in no way justified the increase. I could have taken the risk and not told my insurer but I don't see the point in paying for insurance if there is even a small risk that I may not be covered.

I had these on my car.

I wouldn't say they brought me a huge amount of business.

But please be aware that you need to tell your insurance company and, when you do, it takes your insurance from business use up into commercial use. This would have meant a HUGE jump in my premiums.

For me, the small amount of increased clients in no way justified the increase. I could have taken the risk and not told my insurer but I don't see the point in paying for insurance if there is even a small risk that I may not be covered.

Oh I've already told my insurance company that my car is used for business use, it didn't increase by much at all tho :-/

Oh I've already told my insurance company that my car is used for business use, it didn't increase by much at all tho :-/
Even if you have told them you car is used for business you have to tell them that you are advertising on your car (the magnets) as this can mean you go into a different class of business use and it could mean you have to pay more to stay insured.

Ooh I didn't realise that :-/ thanks, ill ring them tomorrow and see how much extra it's going to cost me xx

You might be lucky and there be no extra cost but you need to tell the insurance company that you are using advertising magnets on your car to make sure you have the correct cover on your car.
The last thing you want is to have a bump and then find out the insurance is void because you didn't tell them you had your magnets on the car.

Yeah I'd be pretty miffed if that happened just because of putting them on. Thanks for letting me know :) x

I have vinyl sticker advertising all over my car, and my insurance didn't go up at all when I told them because I work from home so I'm not using it for business use. I've had this on for 2 months & everyone comments on it. I've had four or five regular clients from it too x

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1367860103.586094.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1367860103.586094.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 389
I have vinyl sticker advertising all over my car, and my insurance didn't go up at all when I told them because I work from home so I'm not using it for business use. I've had this on for 2 months & everyone comments on it. I've had four or five regular clients from it too x

Gorgeous xx

Ooo I like this, looks really good :) I did think about having something permanent on my car but we use my car for our yearly drive to the south of France so don't want to attract too much attention on holiday :) xx

I'm loving the car!

Just having a ding dong with my insurer over this post, ha ha! I'd ordered some vinyl lettering of my web address to stick across my rear windscreen. I saw this post and called them to check....

my insurer said "stickers of any description and size will void my policy"

Their customer service team are now looking into this, as I raised the question "If I visit Bristol Zoo, does putting their sticker in my window void it too?"

ha ha!

Fingers crossed, I'm hoping they will agree my very small business decal!

Latest posts

Back