Car wrapping

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those of you who just have vinyl writing on your windows/ side panels etc, where did you get them from or what are they called so I can google them? Would love to get mine wrapped but I'm saving for a new car and it seems silly to spend that much money on a car I won't have for long. Thanks =)

just called vehicle graphics/cut vinyl graphics. You can get it supplied cheap off ebay to fit yourself but the quality of vinyl can differ massively. Try find a local sign company as they're the types of people to do it.

Here's mine... Like I say, cost £4 from eBay and that was for 2 of the same, in case of problems.

It was easy to apply, has gone through many a car wash, soaring heat, cold, rain and wind and it still as perfect as the day I applied it. Its not much, but it does the job!

The seller is Terra_nomade

I would definitely recommend! There are a few fonts and colours to choose from too.

Attachments

• 1413397870047.jpg
    1413397870047.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 460
I'll never forget when a Ford KA cut me up not once but twice on my way home from work one day. The fact that it had something like Betty Boops Doughnut Deliveries scrolled all over it made it very easy to remember. So just remember....don't be naughty if youve got your name all over your car! lol :o

Vistaprint do car decals which is less expensive.

If you want to advertise but don't want it all the time you can get magnetic signs to put on the car that you can put on and take off as you like - so you get the best of both if you don't want it on your car the whole time

If you want to advertise but don't want it all the time you can get magnetic signs to put on the car that you can put on and take off as you like - so you get the best of both if you don't want it on your car the whole time

I've heard that the magnetic car badges are bad for scratching so I've always steered clear... Have you experienced this?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

I've heard that the magnetic car badges are bad for scratching so I've always steered clear... Have you experienced this?

Cheap ones do because the magnetic isn't strong enough normally.

It is if you put them on a dirty car but so long as car washed - clean and no grit it's fine and they're strong we used them before wrapping the car and they're great! x

Ahh OK, thank you! I shall have a look into them then!

Just don't get cheap magnets as mine flaked and faded and just looked awful after a couple of months x

I had mine on my black car doors with no problems. They gradually wear, but didn't damage my car thank goodness.

just check with your insurance ladies I was going to have my car wrapped to change the colour and then get my signwriting done. However my insurance company told me if I did this my insurance would be void as it is classed as a body modification as I would be changing the colour from the original. It was the same when I asked about a body wrap for advertising. I'm ok for signwriting as long as it does not change the whole car ieI can have car doors/ boot/ bonnet stickered up but not the whole car xx

This is the same as my car, logo is white on black, so was going to do matte black and white logo. On the school run I'm parking in a car park of hundreds of mums, same with the gym etc etc, I think it's a fab idea if done by a reputable company and the work is good. Do need to consult the insurance though!
Thanks for all opinions!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1413499526064.jpg
    1413499526064.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 419
I've had a vinyl car wrap done before. Not to advertise my business, but to alter the colour of my car from silver to white. Most insurers were fine with it but one insurance company changed their mind after 5 weeks & decided to make me cancel my policy with immediate effect so be careful!
Can anyone advise me on how insurance are with a simply window advert? I've been told I may need commercial insurance?

I had a logo wheel cover on my 4x4 years ago...loved it, right up until I had a bump and the guy knew right where to harass me at...came into the salon shouting every day that the insurance etc was taking too long, never again. Different if you are mobile maybe, but not for me now.

I had my fiat 500 wrapped and it looked nice on the doors but when it had it taken off my car had to have a respray and it wasn't cheap to get the wrap on or off or respray because even though they heated it up to take it off my door looked faded and the paint peeled brand new car wasn't because it was old I wouldn't bother even though people said it looked good on my car expensive!! Xx

Wrapping is at the top end of the vehicle advertisements.

Done correctly, using the best material it's easily £800+

Lower prices mean cheap Chinese material which will stink and pop out of the recesses quickly. Leaving the car looking a mess.

The cheapest option is simple text on/in the rear window, costing no more than £40. Doesn't cost the eart to change every year so it looks fresh and the advert can be altered to suit season etc.

Always ask your insurgence before doing it. Some don't car as you should have already mention you are using it for business (if you are mobile)

I just cant get my head around why anyone would want there car wrapped. Work and home life should be kept separate!!!

I just cant get my head around why anyone would want there car wrapped. Work and home life should be kept separate!!!

So u don't tell people you don't already know what you do? I do all the time! I've gotten a bunch of new clients from places I've been out shopping who've asked about my hair or nails or maybe were just having a conversation about hair related items as I pay at a till, you should be an advertisement for your business at all times! Unless of course you don't want any new business lol

So u don't tell people you don't already know what you do? I do all the time! I've gotten a bunch of new clients from places I've been out shopping who've asked about my hair or nails or maybe were just having a conversation about hair related items as I pay at a till, you should be an advertisement for your business at all times! Unless of course you don't want any new business lol

Of course i tell people if they ask. But my private life and work life are totally separate. That would be like me wearing a tee shirt with my business details on when out and about. All work and no play.........

Of course i tell people if they ask. But my private life and work life are totally separate. That would be like me wearing a tee shirt with my business details on when out and about. All work and no play.........

I totally ware a logoed up tshirt when I'm out and about too 😂 not every day of course lol! I don't see how you can keep it separate if people ask and u tell them what you do? I'm still looking for more clients so it suits me to continually advertise

Latest posts

Back