Card payments

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoveLocksx

Reaction score
Is there an app or a site I can use were the money will go straight to my account.?? Having a hair extension business I need the money before I order the hair, its a pain taking cash and then going to the bank to put it in and then go home and order the hair I need something simple :) thanks geeks

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

Paypal have just released their card payment system its a card reader that takes payment to your paypal account and then you have a paypal card to purchase with, you can also pay recurring bills like a business phone etc. It means you just use your paypal as your business account, print off your monthly statements and thats your accounting done.

Ive not looked into the fine detail yet so do check it yourself to make sure happy with the fees and service offered.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using SalonGeek mobile app

Paypal have just released their card payment system its a card reader that takes payment to your paypal account and then you have a paypal card to purchase with, you can also pay recurring bills like a business phone etc. It means you just use your paypal as your business account, print off your monthly statements and thats your accounting done.

Ive not looked into the fine detail yet so do check it yourself to make sure happy with the fees and service offered.

Ahh that sounds like a hassle lol .

Most traditional card processors (sage, cardsave, worldpay) take around 4 days to transfer the money to you & you need a business merchant account they dont work on current accounts, dont quote me but i *think paypals is instant payment.

You receive the money into a paypal account & make payments from the same, its just the same as opening a new account to run your business from. Once a week transfer your 'wages/profit' to your current account , that tends to be instant from paypal too.

Things like Izettle & intuit look to work similar to paypal using your current account, so their are alternatives but dont forget to check out how long transfers take.

The other thing is to have a client instant bank transfer your payment over to your bank account, but that relies on your client having internet banking and internet access (quite likely thou isnt it)

What about pingit? x

Thank you. I'm looking for instant payment. I'd like to receive the money and pay for the hair as quick as I can xxx

Not sure about barclays pingit not familiar with it but only thing I can think of is PayPal. Nothing else will be instant.

A business paypal will get you instant payment and can transfer to bank and shows up instantly-ish. However it does leave you vulnerable as people if are not happy will just get a refund through paypal and there is nothing you can do!

However it does leave you vulnerable as people if are not happy will just get a refund through paypal and there is nothing you can do![/QUOTE]

Again dont quote me, but the client uses their credit card so they get all the credit card protection as usual (same with any processor, if a clients unhappy they can call their credit card and visa will deal with the complaint) , I dont *think the new card reader includes the above average protection of not received/snad that paypal provide as the client isnt using their paypal account.

The only way to protect yourself from chargebacks is cash or bank transfer thou some clients may feel vulnerable by that.

Again dont quote me, but the client uses their credit card so they get all the credit card protection as usual (same with any processor, if a clients unhappy they can call their credit card and visa will deal with the complaint) , I dont *think the new card reader includes the above average protection of not received/snad that paypal provide as the client isnt using their paypal account.

The only way to protect yourself from chargebacks is cash or bank transfer thou some clients may feel vulnerable by that.

By bank transfer the details I give them they can't use can they?

Last edited by a moderator:
You give them your bank account & sort code, they cant do anything other then pay you with that info so your account security is safe.

Do it while your sat with them and log into your own account at the same time to check its gone through, it can take 15mins but once its arrived the client can't reverse it for any reason.

when your booking the consultation just say " a deposit is required in cash or bank transfer at the time to go ahead" then they'll be prepared.

You give them your bank account & sort code, they cant do anything other then pay you with that info so your account security is safe.

Do it while your sat with them and log into your own account at the same time to check its gone through, it can take 15mins but once its arrived the client can't reverse it for any reason.

when your booking the consultation just say " a deposit is required in cash or bank transfer at the time to go ahead" then they'll be prepared.

Cheers Hun :)

Latest posts

Back