Card terminal charges

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's the nudge I needed to ring them lol

I'm not sure they do go off turnover my turnover would be nothing like banner penguins or the others on here probably (single stylist sole trader) and we pay nearly the same?

They told me they went off turnover!! I'm going with them anyway as they were almost double netpays fees and netpay were much more helpful to me. But they said the only way they could do cheaper fees was if I was taking more money! Seeing as it's a new business and the turnover is estimated its really difficult to tell!

We are just moving over to Transax from Worldpay (streamline) which are aridiculous price :Scared:

Called worldpay to day and found out the scan fee I had been charged £35 plus vat for is an annual charge because I use an internet connection to take card payments instead of the phone line. I did this so that it wouldn't stop calls coming through if a payment was processing and also so a client wouldn't have to wait to pay if someone was on the phone so I Guess I just have to suck it up. There is also an annual compliance fee of £25 which has given me a bill of over £100 this month which I Could well do without in January. It feels like it's one step forward and two steps back all the time!
I am tied up with them until next May but will have a shop around in the spring. I imagine all the other companies mentioned must have similar fees for compliance though?

Called worldpay to day and found out the scan fee I had been charged £35 plus vat for is an annual charge because I use an internet connection to take card payments instead of the phone line. I did this so that it wouldn't stop calls coming through if a payment was processing and also so a client wouldn't have to wait to pay if someone was on the phone so I Guess I just have to suck it up. There is also an annual compliance fee of £25 which has given me a bill of over £100 this month which I Could well do without in January. It feels like it's one step forward and two steps back all the time!
I am tied up with them until next May but will have a shop around in the spring. I imagine all the other companies mentioned must have similar fees for compliance though?

Another reason I was put off world pay, obviously we all want to be able to take phone calls while we are putting payments through as we don't want to miss the clients but adding £4 a month plus vat for this privilege just seemed unnecessary when other companies include it!!

Compliance fee? I do not get charged this, Have you not filled the online security thing that stops you having to pay the compliance fee.

Yes I did the on line thing a few months ago and also last year. On my bill they are calling it as annual mangement fee. Is this not normal then, I assumed everyone had to pay it!

Another reason I was put off world pay, obviously we all want to be able to take phone calls while we are putting payments through as we don't want to miss the clients but adding £4 a month plus vat for this privilege just seemed unnecessary when other companies include it!!

Will look into net pay then when it's time to renew. It's a minefield all this stuff!

Yes I did the on line thing a few months ago and also last year. On my bill they are calling it as annual mangement fee. Is this not normal then, I assumed everyone had to pay it!

I have just looked through my worldpay bills and and noticed I do also get charged management fee £29.99 a year. I also pay £53.82 a quarter for membership fees (four times a year) then get charged for transactions.
I also get charged for authorisation call and service (not sure what this is)

I have recieved a letter saying that there are going to be a few changes from march:

Reductions in MasterCard credit charges and also visa debit charges are changing from a pence per transaction fee to a charge that is mainly percentage based. I'm not sure if this is going to mean it's going to be a lot more than it was before?

The new via debit percentage rate will be 0.495%

I'm don't know much about card machines so if anyone has an idea wether this is a good % or if they are with a cheaper company it would be great to know.

this is not good

do your sums ie work out the cost of a £10 £10 £30 £40 charge so on until your highest charge using your current pay scheme then do it on percentages

the percentage costs are higher from upwards of about £30 so if youre a barbers charging £10 a cut, stay, if youre salon usually charging upwars of £30, move

its such a con

there are other companies like 123 who charge a bit more rental and compliance but the pay per play is cheaper and with their initial 3 month free offer it covers the extra cost in compliance so youre already at a head start

I am about to change and again as someone else mentioned, also so I can take phone calls at the same time as transactions

such a head ache

Going to look into changing although I have just looked through and seem I have untill tommorrow untill I let them know I no longer want to be with them!

Do you think I will run out of time as I need to find someone else then I'm not sure how long it takes for a new machine to come. I think I have to tell them tommorrow but have untill February 21st untill it would stop?

If I made £50 then 0.495% of this is £0.2475 so I would take £49.505

So say I the debit transactions total made for the month was £4000 they would charge 0.495% of this so £4000-0.495% =£19.80 so is what I would get charged for that month? Is that correct or have I worked that out wrong?

Latest posts

Back