Career change - advice more than welcome

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rrrachel

Reaction score
Hi Guys, Girls and Geeks :p

I am new to thisso sorry if this is in the wrong place!!

Basically, kind of lookng for advice, words of wisdom and other peoples experiences!!! I have been wanting to change my career for ages, and semi permanent eyelash extensions are something I feel I can get really passionate about. I have researched courses and I am pretty much 100% sure which course I am going for.

What I was hoping for some words of wisdom was... I am still working in my office job, and I know it will take a while and a whole lot of hard work to build up a client base so I just wanted to know if any of you worked with your beauty/hairdressing/nails outside of a different 9 - 5 job? As much as I would love to quit, the reality is that I simply can't. I work until 4 most days so I was thinking that I would start by working evenings and weekends. I am aware that this is going to be a whole load of hard work but if my hard work persivers (spelling sorry), it will all be worth it in the end. (Just for more information, I am planning on doing more and more courses as I am passionate about the beauty industry but I am just taking baby steps :D)

Thanks for any information or stories you can all give me xxx

(ps I know that this is going to be hard and not a walk in the park, I just wanted advice on anyone who like myself has wanted to leave their job they don't enjoy and follow their passion)

Hi Guys, Girls and Geeks :p

I am new to thisso sorry if this is in the wrong place!!

Basically, kind of lookng for advice, words of wisdom and other peoples experiences!!! I have been wanting to change my career for ages, and semi permanent eyelash extensions are something I feel I can get really passionate about. I have researched courses and I am pretty much 100% sure which course I am going for.

What I was hoping for some words of wisdom was... I am still working in my office job, and I know it will take a while and a whole lot of hard work to build up a client base so I just wanted to know if any of you worked with your beauty/hairdressing/nails outside of a different 9 - 5 job? As much as I would love to quit, the reality is that I simply can't. I work until 4 most days so I was thinking that I would start by working evenings and weekends. I am aware that this is going to be a whole load of hard work but if my hard work persivers (spelling sorry), it will all be worth it in the end. (Just for more information, I am planning on doing more and more courses as I am passionate about the beauty industry but I am just taking baby steps :D)

Thanks for any information or stories you can all give me xxx

(ps I know that this is going to be hard and not a walk in the park, I just wanted advice on anyone who like myself has wanted to leave their job they don't enjoy and follow their passion)

I have a 7-4:30 job (monday till friday) then offer beauty in the evenings and weekends.
It can be very tiring but rewarding at the same time!

My advise would be go for it!
i love doing my beauty in the evenings for extra income and i hope i can eventually make it my full time career :) xx

Aww thanks for your advice! I am definitely going to strap on my big girls pants and go for it! It's nice to hear other people that do a little bit of both! I can imagine it's going to be highly stressful tiring and hard but like you say rewarding! eeeek exciting times xx

Right I am the actual opposite to this.
I have been hairdressing for about 9 years now, recently changed salons but I am really not enjoying hairdressing anymore.
I would quite happy love a 9 to 5 job, but I haven't had any experience in anything else. Ive only done hairdressing since I left school.
So I was wondering who has gone from hairdressing to other jobs e.g office jobs, shop jobs etc.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back