Carlton institute

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TBirmingham

Reaction score
Has anyone got any thoughts/experiences on doing my nvq level 2 with the Carlton Institute? I am a total beginner and want to eventually go mobile, have loads of friends and family to practice on, am a bit wary on booking, 1, because of the cost and 2, because of things i have read on here. i usually have calgel or biosculpture nails on my own nails and looking into getting into applying these brands......help!!:|

Hi there

I have done NVQ courses with Carlton Institute and they are ok, however you will not learn everything you need to know in 1 or 2 days. You really really do need to self study afterwards and find out things yourself. I had previous experience in some areas prior to doing the 1 day courses, which helped me. As long as you are self disciplined and self study you should be ok . Personally, I like the 1 day courses as i can fit them into my busy schedule and can then study in my own time for the NVQ, so works well for me, although I did also go to college to learn Nails, I go the Carlton Institute mainly for "add on" treatments. HTH x :)

Thaks for your reply, ie now decided to train with Calgel as i have them on my own nails a love them, most of my friends wear Calgel too so it seems a good place to start. Thanks again.

Hi there

I have done NVQ courses with Carlton Institute and they are ok, however you will not learn everything you need to know in 1 or 2 days. You really really do need to self study afterwards and find out things yourself. I had previous experience in some areas prior to doing the 1 day courses, which helped me. As long as you are self disciplined and self study you should be ok . Personally, I like the 1 day courses as i can fit them into my busy schedule and can then study in my own time for the NVQ, so works well for me, although I did also go to college to learn Nails, I go the Carlton Institute mainly for "add on" treatments. HTH x :)

how did the nvq exam day go? I've got my level 2 beauty exam coming up really soon so any info whatsoever would be greatfully appreciated...I'm feeling really nervous about the theory test what with having to find out the very information that I need to revise :-S

Latest posts

Back