Carlton Microcurrent vs Silhoutte?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pebbles#1

Reaction score
Looking for advice/feedback on the Carlton and Silhoutte Microcurrent machines.
Have you worked with both? Any preference and why?

There is a large difference on the price of these machines and have always said you get what you pay for..... but is this the case with microcurrent machines?

They are both british made, Carlton has a longer warranty, so what if anything makes the Silhoutte machine more costly? The results?

Would really appreciate any feedback, particularly if you have ever worked with both machines.

I know the best thing is to get a demonstration of both machines but with the trade show only a couple of weeks away that may not be feasible.

x

I have the Silhouette Dermalift and am really happy with it, but can't comment on the Carlton. I don't know that many people would have experience of both unfortunately.

We had a demo from Silhouette really quickly, so it may be worth getting on to these companies and seeing what they can do!

Good luck with your choice!

Vicki x

Can't comment on the Carlton but have been using dermalift for 5 years. Get really good results and clients always happy. But defo book a demo :) xx

I am very happy with my carlton.

It's a well made, small (easy to store),reliable, well priced machine and produces great results and my clients are v pleased. It paid for itself very quickly without me having to hard sell.

They are a lovely company to deal with and the long warranty is peace of mind and I have found them very quick with any queries I have.

I had a demo with the silhouette and didn't like it - personal choice but my main reasons were:
it had an annoying beep every few seconds (carlton is silent)
the electrodes and sticky pads seemed a lot of fiddling around (could have been the rep didn't demo well though as she was in quite a faff)
it was a large unit (not sure if you can have it without the stand though)

Only thing I don't like with the carlton are some of the associated facial products (they are effective but a bit bland and have no scent ie the ionto gel)
The ampoules are too big for one facial and they say to use half for another facial but you can only store it for 24 hours so no good if you don't have another facial in that time.
The electro lotion dries very quickly and you have to reapply or remoisten but I think that may be the case for other similar products.

You can use other brands though so long as the -/+ charges is compatible.

The ampoules are too big for one facial and they say to use half for another facial but you can only store it for 24 hours so no good if you don't have another facial in that time.
The electro lotion dries very quickly and you have to reapply or remoisten but I think that may be the case for other similar products.

You can use other brands though so long as the -/+ charges is compatible.

I'm pleased you're happy with your machine, sounds like you're doing well with it!

Just wanted to offer you a little advice about your products, if you can wrap the open ampoule in cling film and put it in the fridge it will last you another 5 days..! Much more cost effective than leaving it for 24 hours in the open air :)

Also a lot of people struggle with Electro Lotion on its own, so you can mix half electro lotion with half ionto gel. This gives a really nice consistency product to work with, and doesn't need constant reapplication. Maybe worth a try?

It's always worth calling or emailing us for advice on products an treatment procedures. The manuals are ok, but we have loads of additional advice to give if you ask :)

As for the OPs original question, I'm professionally keeping out of this one..! But can happily advise on Carlton privately if you like.

The beep on the silhouette machine is so that you know when the current is on - & your doing your lifting move. You can turn it off though so if you find it annoying it won't bother you.
I have used silhouette 8 years & never had a problem with my machine. I bought it used too so prob 9 years old!
I'd go with silhouette as clients know the Dermalift name

Latest posts

Back