Caron Masqua - anyone tried it?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

missyb1975

Reaction score
Hi, I missed out on the expo this year and checking out Caron's new powder wax Masqua. Has anyone given this a go? What are your thoughts??

I use it, very thin application takes a bit to get used too after using other hot wax. Clients report no pain and so far no redness after waxing. I like it but still getting used to application sure I'm using too much sometimes.

I use it, very thin application takes a bit to get used too after using other hot wax. Clients report no pain and so far no redness after waxing. I like it but still getting used to application sure I'm using too much sometimes.

Thanks Melk, so it's like a film wax? From what i've read you can use it thicker if you prefer it/student or thinner for more advanced for more economical use?? Does it look like you're applying strip wax when you apply it?

How low temp does it melt? The info that i've read is that it's really low temp?

Sorry for all the questions. I've seen it in my local supplier and am keen to try it but I haven't hot waxed for ages except for my own eyebrows. I find hot waxes don't pick up all the fine vellous hair especially on blondies, Lycojet being the exception. How do you find Masqua for this??

It goes on slightly thicker than strip. It won't pick up fine hair still works like hot. I've found grip isn't as good as regular hot but think that is me getting used to it. Have so far used it on underarms and brows/lip. It melts quickly I have my hive pots set on 5 for both strip and hot wax. But hot would be fine on lower temp prob 4 I just prefer to work quicker. It won't set hard and crack like other hot wax which means you have more time before you remove it.

Latest posts

Back