Caronlab wax anyone?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinknfluffy

Reaction score
Hi, I am really tempted to try the caronlab wax range. Does anyone use these?
I want a hot wax, and am also going to be buying a cartridge system soon so am looking at maybe there olive oil rollers?
Any advice / reviews would be greatly appreciated - I currently use pr but I find beauty express stupidly expensive and my pr is the only thing I buy from them, would love to look at getting everything from one supplier (salon direct)
Many thanks

If you do a search for Caron there is some info.I don't think there are many users on here.Incidently there is 10% off Caron waxes and Waxxexpress wax with salonsdirect at the mo.
Beauty express also have a vat free day tomorrow if you want to get PR.

Thanks - think i will stock up on pr for now - have searched and found almost nothing on caronlab!

I tried the strip wax for men. It removed hair nicely but absolutely stank so bad that I wouldn't use again. Don't know about any of the other products in the range but the best way is to try them for yourself. Buy a few spare PR tins from Beauty Express (VAT free for the next 2 days) and get testing.

I tried their white roller wax (Brilliance I think) and that worked well.

I use Caron Brilliance in Hot wax and also in the roller and I like it. Over here I would say it is one of the well known brands of wax - found in most major suppliers, very popular stand at the Beauty expo.
The Brilliance is a XXX wax but you can use it on all body parts. I was originally using their strawberry wax in the roller but after trying the Brilliance in the roller changed to that - had some feed back from clients saying they preferred it and that there was less waxing discomfort compared to the strawberry. I have never had issues with the Hot wax being brittle, smells lovely (coconut smell) and I can't see myself changing brands. I am not a fan of their powdered wax Masqua which was released at expo last year, I was very dissapointed as it didn't seem to get the hairs I would normally have no problems getting with the Brilliance so binned what I had left in the pot and now I have three bags of it sitting in the cupboard collecting dust.
Oh they also have an ingrown hair product called bumperaiser which is brill! I swear by the medipaste.
HTH

ah, I was wondering about the brilliance cartridges - the catalogue says brilliance is a hot wax, but then shows it available in roller cartridges! I think I may purchase just a couple of brilliance rollers to try out & the hot wax version too. Thankyou - I have just placed my pr order, enough to see me through this month until I have had a play with some others!

Hi I am currently trying out the brilliance hot wax as well as the cartridges. With really good results so far... On the salons direct website they also sell a strip brilliance refill, but for the life of me can't work out how to open the cartridges. Does anyone know if its possible or not? Thanks
Sonia

Hi I am currently trying out the brilliance hot wax as well as the cartridges. With really good results so far... On the salons direct website they also sell a strip brilliance refill, but for the life of me can't work out how to open the cartridges. Does anyone know if its possible or not? Thanks
Sonia

The cartridges are available in 100ml and 80ml (well it is over here) the 80ml one has a screw lid where you either cap it or put the rollerhead on - these look easy enough to refill.
https://www.salonfirst.com.au/products/14990-%2080%20ML
The 100ml ones state that you can pop the roller out using their rollerhead tool to change between clients - perhaps this is how you refill it too. There should be a pic of the tool on the page in the link
Cartridge Heating Systems - Caron Laboratories
I don't personally refill them, I just have one per client and if there is wax left in it I label it and bag it for their next visit, council guidelines state I cannot use a cartridge on more than one person - even if I have changed the rollerhead.

I hope the links work, don't think I've done them before on here :|

ah, I was wondering about the brilliance cartridges - the catalogue says brilliance is a hot wax, but then shows it available in roller cartridges! I think I may purchase just a couple of brilliance rollers to try out & the hot wax version too. Thankyou - I have just placed my pr order, enough to see me through this month until I have had a play with some others!

Salons Direct only stock the hard wax version of brilliance. There are in fact both hard and strip waxes in brilliance and it is the strip wax version of brilliance that is in the roller wax cartridges. There are different sizes in each

Hard Wax

500g discs which is not microwavable
400g which is microwavable
800g which is microwavable

Strip Wax

400g which is microwavable
1ltr which is microwavable
100ml wax cartridge which is microwavable
80ml wax cartridge which is microwavable

Hope this helps and clears up the confusion

Sonia

There is a special tool to open the cartridges, however the other way to refill the wax cartridges with the waxpert refills is:-

if you look on the sides of the roller head you will see two circles if you pop the end of a knife or metal spatula between the edge of the cartridge and the roller it will pop out so that you can refill just microwave your waxpert and pour in. clean your roller and pop straight back in.

Hope this helps

Latest posts

Back