Cash when working mobile?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bombalurina

Reaction score
Hi geeks,
Only a little problem, but I wondered how you all manage this;

When working mobile, I can only accept cash or cheques. All of my prices are generally £5, £10, £20, or a multiple of these, which makes change easy for my client, and for me.

However, I've recently started to offer discounts for block bookings, or special offers on certain treatments, which means I'm needing to look at getting a cash box of some description, in order to be able to give the correct change. It really doesn't look good when I have to drop the correct change off to a client the next day. I always work out the total price of the client's treatments, and let them know in advance, but they don't always have the right money for me. Regulars know how I work, but I don't want to be putting off new clients.

What do you other mobile therapists do to solve this problem? I don't really want to lug a metal cash box around with me, as I have enough kit to manage already!

Also, do you always make sure you have a certain amount of change on you? Like in a till?

Sorry to ask silly questions, but I just wondered what the general feeling was here! Thanks!! xx

Hi,
I carry a small metal cash box when doing mobile, I have a big slouchy handbag and it goes in there, with enough change in it. Its a pain to carry but one of the joys of being mobile!

Hi, I try and keep as much change on me as I can including £5 notes, I find myself sometimes having to call at a shop to change a £20 nearer the end of the day if i've used it all up! I just keep it all in the zip part of my handbag! xx

I have been doing this for 15 years and have always used a separate purse for work. Have never ever had any problems and my clients have never commented! :)

I would sugguest a big purse where u can put different nots n and a big space for change.

what about using a large pencil case or make bag (without a mirror :lol:) I usually pop into shops and buy a bottle of water or choc, and give them £20's and ask for it in coins, a bit cheeky but easier for me than having to go to my bank all the time (murder parking and tine consuming!) xx

Thanks Geeks,
I like the makeup bag idea, and I have a spare one sitting about doing nothing, so looks like it's found it's calling!
XX

little lunch box i have separate containers on top of my tolley and i put a few bits of change in there

Latest posts

Back