Catty clients who want everything for nothing!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jocie

Reaction score
Grrr my husband knows a girl who he grew up with who wanted nails...I dont like her, not to sound rude but she can't afford nails, she doesnt work and lives of her welfare checks and child support.

I am in the process of setting up shop at home so I can transtion into doing them at home. I got a text asking for nails right this moment( I just worked all day at the shop helping a new girl with training) so I said yes. Told her my price she got real real snotty, obs thinking id give her a deal because she knows my hubby.
Then she told he to send her a picture and wanted to know every single color I have.....then she said "well, stay home I guess and me and the kids might walk over later"
Uhh kids? Might? Later? Really the nerve of some people it is already 5'oclock here! Ooh my god seriously? Like what do I even say to that? It puts me in a super akward position.

So I lied and said I had to go pick up my grandma from the hospital (awful I know)
For future how do I deal with these things?

Grrr my husband knows a girl who he grew up with who wanted nails...I dont like her, not to sound rude but she can't afford nails, she doesnt work and lives of her welfare checks and child support.

I am in the process of setting up shop at home so I can transtion into doing them at home. I got a text asking for nails right this moment( I just worked all day at the shop helping a new girl with training) so I said yes. Told her my price she got real real snotty, obs thinking id give her a deal because she knows my hubby.
Then she told he to send her a picture and wanted to know every single color I have.....then she said "well, stay home I guess and me and the kids might walk over later"
Uhh kids? Might? Later? Really the nerve of some people it is already 5'oclock here! Ooh my god seriously? Like what do I even say to that? It puts me in a super akward position.

So I lied and said I had to go pick up my grandma from the hospital (awful I know)
For future how do I deal with these things?

Have your working times and apologise saying that you do not work past those times.

Cheeky moo!

Sweetheart I am so sorry to hear you going through all of this drama.
You know what, what she does is her business, til it gets personal & to me it seems like this lady has gone over board!
It's like she using your husbands friendship to get what she wants when she wants it.
I cant speak for you but if I were in that situation I would say this straight up: "I dont mix business with family members or friends & since you are friends with my husband I feel it would be best to keep our friendship out of the business!"

It's keeping things on a professional level & if she tries to B!tc* about it then you can tell your husband that you dont mean to be rude but you dont like her or her attitude & rather not deal with her drama!
Simple as that, straight & to the point. She is his friend not yours, you dont have to like her or offer her your time at 5pm no less or for a discount just because your husband is friends with her.
If she wants to come in at full price then have her reschedule at YOUR convenience at your regular business hours & keep it that strict.
By what you stated, I can already see the drama about to blow up. :(

I wish you the best of luck at standing your ground.:wink2:

Thanks girls xoxo I know exactly what I have to do. Just when you think you have heard it all, you get another wack job. Its hard, I live in a town were there are lots of people on welfare and unemployment. Unfortunatly this type of issue is all to common. Thats one reason im nervous about doing it from home. A lot of techs get ripped off here because some peoplecome for appointments get their nails done and don't have the money....this has thankfully only happened once to me though.

Im gonna talk to my husband about it.

Also just to throw something else in.. Kids?? How old are these munchkins?
Trying to do a good set of nails within a 'normal' timeframe won't require kids floating about, not even if they are small and restrained. Expecting them to sit for 2hrs (ish) is unreasonable of her.
Also you need to think of the product issue if they are touchers etc.. I would say my insurance doesn't cover me having under 14s in the salon/work area.

Cash up front before you start your treatment, just make this the norm.
Also as Victoriabar says, NO Kids...because of our Insurance cover,and no exceptions.

I have to say you don't seem to have much luck with clients, the cheap ones, the drunks, the rude ones and now this catty one.........are you sure you are in the right line of work lol ;)

Latest posts

Back