Celebrity Elite hair extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lealeelou

Reaction score
Hi all,has anyone else had problems with this hair recently? ive been using their hair for over 5 years and of late have been having problems with the quality of it and have had to send 6 packs back due to the hair tangling and feeling very dry. i complained to the company and they stated that myself and my friend amanda have been the only people to complain so they want to have the hair thoroughly tested before they will even consider taking any further action to resolve the problem. Amanda and i almost feel as if we are being called liars by the company for complaining about the quality of the hair but we do order a lot of hair from them and know when its quality is not up to standard.i have had to replace the clients extension hair free of charge on 3 occasions and am out of pocket now because celebrity elite are taking their time sorting this matter out. anyone else had the same problem?

Hi
Last year I had problems with Celeb Elite, one of my clients had problems with her 22 inch pack of hair col 613, she ordered the hair herself and I pretipped it and fitted it with shrinkies and after one wash it started to go dry and matted. My client contacted Celeb Elite and informed them of the trouble she was having and they said that they had never had any complaints. This went on for a week or so between emails and telephone calls and then my client was really upset and asked me to speak to them. My client sent some of the hair to Celeb Elite where they washed and dryed it and said that there was nothing wrong with it. I then rang Celeb Elite and spoke to them, he said that they had tested the hair and found it to be in excellent condition and that there was nothing wrong with it. He went on to state that the hair had matted and tangled because it had been pretipped and put in this way, he also stated that every pack of hair he sells is put in on the weft!!! Absolutely a load of tripe!!! I gave him the truth which he didnt like and informed him that he has no experience of fitting hair extensions, wearing hair extensions and that he isnt always right. He did in the end send two packs of 18 inches out to my client to replace the others. I find the 22 inch hair of any colour does get matted and tangled very quickly and dont buy this now unless the client insists.
I do think that the customer service of Celeb Elite is crap, they both need to get there act together and sort out that sometimes the hair can get matted and tangled,
Companies who like taking our money should also be good at giving refunds if goods are faulty!!! Some are definetly not.
I do like the hair and have found it one of the best around, wish I could say that for the customer service

Last edited:
Generally you will get problems with 22" inch hair.Especially if it is any lighter than brown.

I do use hair that length, but insist they buy heavy duty conditioners from me, as the hair will tangle etc.
I don't buy from celebrity elite, so cannot comment, but hair merchants do insist on thourough testing etc before refunding. Lets face it, 22 inch bleached hair is going to be "dry"
When I had a genuine problem with some hair I bought, my hair supplier couldnt have been more helpful. Hair is a natural product and 22 inch hank will be the product of many different donors heads, so it will vary in quality.

5 years is a long time. Sounds like you have long relationship with your company.
It seems that they are doing the standard process's of checking replacement stock.
We had had a situation where a lady cut her hair extension so bad and then wanted a refund and blamed the hair quality lol.

Unfortunately the time you put into replacing the hair comes at a cost so why not ask for 50% off your next order to make up for your lost time?
We have done this in the past.
Customer Support is Everything these days
22 inch should not matt at all if:
1.if install correctly and not over packed
2.Hair is not over processed (main reason)
3.Client is educated on hair extension hair care and supplied the right products.

If there at fault with bad hair i think a replacement of the original order and 50% discount of the next would help maintain your relationship with your client and supplier and you can make up the difference off your next job.
just a suggestion
Hope this helps

Last edited:
thanks for your replies ladies,lancashirelass i got the same spiel from them as you did,they tried to blame the method my friend and i were using and i argued them down about it saying that surely it would have happened to every client if it was because id pretipped the hair. they just dont seem to want to admit that some of the hair is faulty,and as you say theyre happy to take the money off us and over a year we spend well over £10,000 with them so why cant they treat us customers with a little more respect. its just not fair on us self employed people as having to redo extensions due to faulty hair does cost us dearly. im going to contact them again tomorrow and see what they say.... fingers crossed!!!

I did a consultation yesterday and ordered the hair from Celebrity Elite paid online and today was telephoned today from Celebrity Elite informing me tha the colour wasnt instock that I had ordered 2/33 and that they had 1b/33 in stock only. I telephoned them back and asked when they would have this col in stock and was informed that it would be a long time before they would get it. The website is not up to date with the latest information and if colours is not in stock or not available then the website should tell you so and not take your money.

My opinion about Celebrity Elite is that the hair is great but the customer service and website is horrendous. They dont like taking orders via telephone if your only ordering two packets or hair or so they want you to order it via online which is dumb!!

ive had the same problems in the past too lancashirelass, im so disappointed in their customer services,my friend amanda sent some faulty hair back before xmas and it took them 3 months to sort it out,they are always happy to take your money but very cagey and on the defensive if you have a complaint,i do love their hair but am always a bit nervous about what the condition of their 18" silky straight is gonna be like lately because i know if i fitted some that was not good that id have a struggle to get a refund, so id be out of pocket! at the moment im about £600 out of pocket due to having to replace the hair free of charge and have not heard anything from celeb elite since i sent all the faulty hair back over a fortnight ago. it sucks!!

I have been using Celebrity Elite for the last 4 years without any problems....until recently, over the Christmas period i had to remove 4 sets of extensions due to poor hair quality, 3 of these were the bodywave wefts and one was 22" colour 613. I had to replace all 4 heads with hair from a different supplier leaving my hugely out of pocket! I tried to order a weft of natural wave hair about a month ago and after the hair had not arrived a week later i emailed to query the order, i got no apology or explination whatsoever, they just simply refunded my money into Paypal....appalling customer service!!! which is a huge shame as the hair is top notch.

While im on the subject of poor quality hair i also have had a few problems with cinderella hair recently also, two customers who have ben wearing cinderella hair for years have refused to wear it anymore as their last batches were terrible quality...again bodywave hair!! very fustrating as it is us who has to put right the whole mess and the extension companies just simply dont want to know!!

Has nobody heard of FOXYHAIREXTENSONS !?! The hair is amazing, thick bonds and rock hard tips. I have tried every single company i can, and have been terribly disappointed by them all. Foxy hair is the best I have come accross.

hi gail thats interesting to know,ive not heard of them so i may try them! does the hair last very long as celebrity elite hair can last up to a year without tangling and feeling dry so thats why ive always used it.its always very thick right down to the ends so you never get that stringy extensions look. is the foxy hair the same? would be great if you would be as kind as to let me know some more about it please? always interested in trying new hair out! xxx

Has nobody heard of FOXYHAIREXTENSONS !?! The hair is amazing, thick bonds and rock hard tips. I have tried every single company i can, and have been terribly disappointed by them all. Foxy hair is the best I have come accross.

I must say that my experience of foxy hair was very, very different. I bought some prebonds from them and tried them in my own hair and they were not good at all. I had to take them out less than a week after as they had matted and tangled terribly. Maybe it was a bad batch but it certainly put me off.

I use hair from lush-us and also celebrity elite, and they are both FAR better than the foxy hair.

Hi all,
I have been using Celebrity Elite for around 5 years. I love this hair and have trialed many different brands on clients some wearing several different brands at the same time. This hair is on par with top of the range such as cinderella and a much more affordable price. I only use the prebonded and until recently had not had any problems . On several occasions myself and my clients have had real issues with the light blonde shades particulaly 613. this had worked perfectly and now the colour has changed and with it the quality. It looks stripped to white and had to remove 3 weeks after intall . Luckily i had used blends of different colours. I now use colour 22 instead as 613 no longer a match . I usually speak to Tina at Celeb Elite and have always found her incredibly helpful. Knowing how quick the turn around can be , if there are any stock problems she rings imediately and i always put a note in the online order page to ask for a similar replacement colour if one is not available and if needed quickly i input the date required. The only other issue i have had is with the bonds, now and again they soften and peal too soon. I think maybe stored incorrectly. My main problem is using the prebonded method the colour range is limited which is a real shame.
Onto Foxy Hair, I initially trialed this 5 years ago and it was awful like the cheap rubbish sold on ebay. Recently i have used agin and have used on 4 clients. My daughter has had a full set in for just over a month and we are all loving it. It comes in 20 " but not as thick to the bottom as celebrity elite so does need a few inches cut off after install and its 0.8 g in stead of 1 g so a few more need than Celeb elite or cinderella but the price difference more than makes up for that and i am happy to have an alternative for those clients that do not want to spend premium prices.
Have trialed most pre bonded hair and none have measured up to this. Any more infor please feel free to ask x

Hi,
I have just ordered a sample of 20 prebended Celebrity Elite Hair Extensions. I was just wondering if anyone could let me know how many would I need for a full head? Client has thick hair bob style.
With Foxy Hair I would use about 250 bonds, is it about the same? Also for this I would be £290 with Celeb Elite, so how much would you charge the client?
Thank you x

you just add whatever your fitting charge is . on top of the cost of the hair..

Hi ladies,
glad i read this thread,gotta love salon geek!

was thinking of ordering some hair from elite, but definately wont be now, i try out new companies all the time,but the only ones i trust is lush us uk, prices, quality,and customer service are fab!
I have tried foxy hair extensions,well i requested some free samlpes,which i have to say the quality of the sample hair was appaling,yes the pre-tipped bonds were very hard,colours were very nice, but the hair tapered off half way down,and the hairs,straight,body wave,and deep wave were very very coarse,well it was enough to put me off,
Im always testing new hair out(on myself) and the only one that i trust with my clients are lush us uk : )

Kate x

Hi,
I have just ordered a sample of 20 prebended Celebrity Elite Hair Extensions. I was just wondering if anyone could let me know how many would I need for a full head? Client has thick hair bob style.
With Foxy Hair I would use about 250 bonds, is it about the same? Also for this I would be £290 with Celeb Elite, so how much would you charge the client?
Thank you x
Hi ,
You wont need anywhere near 250 with celeb elite. as the hair is 1g weight per prebonded extension and the hair stays the same thickness right to the end. The most I have used or a full head is 140 (thick hair) and most range between 100 and 120 to give a full head appearance that suits most clients. I have used foxy as well so know the comparison. so less initial outlay than you would first think with 250 allowing to price up work the same way as with the foxy hair.
Ill PM you the way i work my costings out if your interested.
You will need to make sure that you adjust the hair sections to ensure the weight ratio of clients hair to extension hair is corrct and if you have managed to input 250 extensions on a full head with foxy then the hair sections will need to be thicker.
Hope that helps
Celebrity Elite Hair is amazing by the way x

Latest posts

Back