Chairs for my manicure station

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smellenor

Reaction score
I am gradually improving my home salon & new chairs are next on the agenda. I was thinking decent back support for both client and I, plus matching chairs appeals to me.

So I just wondered if anyone had any recommendations? I want to eventually offer enhancements so feel I should invest in decent ones now to help with the longer treatment times (however cost saving will be welcomed with open arms!!) :)

Thanks as always!

Chairs are a big thing to me... Probably like the rest of us I want comfortable, salon style and not too officey.

I had some bentwood chairs but the legs were funny and started to feel unstable and since money is tight at the moment I've bought these chairs from ikea and painted them white. This photo is one coat white in the left and natural on the right but just so you know which ones i mean. They were £13!!! But I have green cushions on then (I work from a log cabin) and they're doing me until I find the ultimate chairs!!! (And a lot of spare money!)

x

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1360402225.358366.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1360402225.358366.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 482
Chairs are a big thing to me... Probably like the rest of us I want comfortable, salon style and not too officey.

I had some bentwood chairs but the legs were funny and started to feel unstable and since money is tight at the moment I've bought these chairs from ikea and painted them white. This photo is one coat white in the left and natural on the right but just so you know which ones i mean. They were £13!!! But I have green cushions on then (I work from a log cabin) and they're doing me until I find the ultimate chairs!!! (And a lot of spare money!)

x

I have those for my dining table in black, they are fab! I was hoping something a bit more ergonomic though x

I have those for my dining table in black, they are fab! I was hoping something a bit more ergonomic though x

Yes that's exactly what I was after but everything I found was too officey for me or ridiculously expensive for me to buy two of them

Hope you find hat you're looking for x

I need chairs too. Interested to see what everyone suggests!

I have these chairs... I have a purple cushion (to match our colour scheme) on them for back support and my clients comment on how comfy they are after sitting for an hour getting their nails done!! I got them from B&M Bargains, £60 for two 😊 xx

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1360505003.995155.jpg

Thanks! They look nice I like those style ones. I've been looking up threads on here with peoples pics of home salons but I can't find many. One lady had a ofc of her salon and said she had bought ones that she had found in the Asda clearance which looked fab but its the back support I'm concerned about.... Tricky tricky!! Spinny office chairs might look naff but perhaps I could get pretty covers....?

Loving everything nails :)

Hiya, it was me that purchased the Apollo chairs - thought I would give you an update, as you have mentioned I was also worried about the low and slanted back but I have to say they are SO comfortable!! My clients all love them :)
Not suitable for everyone obviously but for me they are perfect and a bargain haha x

Oh brilliant I couldn't remember which thread it was on :) so you don't find them too slouchy ? Or low? Xx

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek

Nope not at all. To be honest if anything it's improved my posture because I always used to rely on the back of the chair for support where as now with a slightly lower back I support myself in more of a 90degree angle. As I say not suitable for everyone but personally they are perfect for me

Jody x

Nope not at all. To be honest if anything it's improved my posture because I always used to rely on the back of the chair for support where as now with a slightly lower back I support myself in more of a 90degree angle. As I say not suitable for everyone but personally they are perfect for me

Jody x

I had decided to give it a whirl after putting them in my basket this afternoon... But they're now out of stock! Oops. Thanks anyway Jody will keep an eye out for a similar style x

Awwww no :-( gutting! I think they were in the clearance too! Hope you find something soon

Jody x

I have chairs that are very similar to these. They are very comfy and don't take up too much room.ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1360540368.058329.jpg

Thanks!

And these look lovely, I wonder what l could type in to search for chairs like that?

Thanks!

And these look lovely, I wonder what l could type in to search for chairs like that?

Try searching for purple chairs on eBay x
Sorry I can't be more help, I'm typing from my phone x

Try searching for purple chairs on eBay x
Sorry I can't be more help, I'm typing from my phone x

No problems, thanks for your help. I actually (just by way of an update) started looking for similar style chairs and it brought me back to my absolute faves - the Skruvsta chairs from Ikea of which I am watching a few of on ebay, only in the next town! So if I can get these cheap then that'll be amazing. They are £100 brand new :S

skruvsta-swivel-armchair__27822_PE091636_S4.jpg

No problems, thanks for your help. I actually (just by way of an update) started looking for similar style chairs and it brought me back to my absolute faves - the Skruvsta chairs from Ikea of which I am watching a few of on ebay, only in the next town! So if I can get these cheap then that'll be amazing. They are £100 brand new :S

skruvsta-swivel-armchair__27822_PE091636_S4.jpg
They look nice. Just out of interest though, are they fabric? The best thing about mine is that I can wipe them down after each client as they are faux leather x

I like those!! Very nice thanks

Loving everything nails!!

Latest posts

Back