Chance for a boy's name??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It makes me think of Abba...........Take a Chance on me
That's probably because my daughter is addicted to the Mama Mia film and the songs are in my head!

I think it would grow on me. I don't dislike it although I've never come across it before so I'm still saying it over and over to myself!! Especially like it with your surname.

He will be either an actor or a lawyer!!

Your baby. Your name. :hug:

hi,

wow what a mixed bag of replies, i really appreciate them all thanks....... and i still like it. chance means good fortune and me and neil really like it, obviously i will in the end go with what i want, i like chase also but neil not as keen, chad too. i do have a while to go so could change my mind. i too like the strong names as stated jack etc etc but there are loads of them and i want my children to stand out, i don't think they will get picked on as there are so many different names now, balprick, harbin, chen, stepsin to name a few in my daughters school. i think people either love it or hate it, but people will get used to it. my mum sings take a chance on me, but to be honest by the time chance is at school none of the children will have heard of that song. i don't know why i go for c's it really wasn't my intention just sort of worked out like that, its going to be cerise for a girl there i go again with c thing. will def keep you updated with the name in the future. i never liked my name either janice but i did like being the only janice in school i think all the other janice's had left 10 years prior lol!

thanks again guys for your replies
bye for now

I had a really good friend at high school called Chance (male).
I had never heard it before I met him..... haven't heard it since until now.

Anyway, he was a very nice, friendly, kind and smart person..... So the name only makes me think of happy thoughts - I love it!

Hun it's no ones buisness but yours,we've had some "opinions" unwanted :D

My sil has been and bought a dog and given it the girls name we have chosen :grr:(ratty little thing it is too,but that's still OUR girls name),we let others change our mind on our first son,this baby is due in 4 weeks and we have had the same names all the way through.

IMO it wouldn't do if we were all the same,we'd walk around wearing the same clothes hairstyle etc.

It's your choice. Good luck hun x

Like it even more today :green:

And I'm loving Cerise!! WOW

You wanted honest answers? Yes? Well, here's mine. I hate it! It will certainly make him stand out, though. :eek:

I think you have to put your child's interests before your own and I've never understood why people give their offspring bizarre names? Look at the motley selection Bob Geldof and his then wife Paula gave their children? Peaches! Pixie! Is it a competition in ridiculousness with some people? Do they actively want their children to be figures of fun?

Sorry hun and I know it's your decision, but I just wish the poor kids could be consulted and with the knowledge of what their lives would be like with such names?

I know names go through cycles of popularity, bu I still prefer the more traditional names myself. :hug:

of course i wanted honest opinions thats why i asked! thanks lauri for your high school story i had already made my mind up but just nice to hear your story thanks. chance hilton for a boy and cerise hilton for a girl. to go with my 2 beautifull daughters chanel and camellia. chanel likes her name and cami too young to care. i do think of my children very much indeed thats why i want to give them names that i put some thought into. make them individual! i'm stuck on this guys i love the name chance more now then ever.

when i go for my 3d scan will post a pic. thanks everyone
bye for now
xx

Whatever you name your baby is special to YOU so do what you want hun.
I don't think it matters what you call them they always get a nickname of some sort.....my 7 year old is in love with TREVOR so who cares???
It's a personal decision....I always wanted to call one of my kids Ethan and it went down like a lead balloon....should have had my way!!!:hug:
But once they are given their names the personality follows and if people don't like it then tough!! It's your baby NOT THEIRS!!!:hug:

thanks judy, my friends son is called ethan he is 8 now, i had never heard it before then but i like it and it proper suits him he is a right cutie pie x

I know Chantz. He is a bright, exceptionally handsome, son of a long time client.
I like the name.
I hated my name growing up and now realize not everyone shares it. I've grown to accept it. :lol:
Congratulations with your beautiful baby.:hug:

When I first read this thread I really didnt like the name Chance but to be honest it has grown on me and with the surname as someone has already mentioned it is a very strong name.

The names I like (Eliza and Lucas) hardly anyone likes them but I would still call my children them names if I ever have any, so you and your partner do what you want, its the best way regarding something as important as this. :hug:

anne xx

for all you people who hated chance, you will be glad to know i am expecting a little girl, i still love chance but as this is def my last baby (i think) i won't be able to use chance, not suitable for a girl. i have also gone off cerise too so back to drawing board for me i think.

still got lots of time to come up with someting. xx

for all you people who hated chance, you will be glad to know i am expecting a little girl, i still love chance but as this is def my last baby (i think) i won't be able to use chance, not suitable for a girl. i have also gone off cerise too so back to drawing board for me i think.

still got lots of time to come up with someting. xx

lol congrats on the news of your little girl tho !! and it certainly gave us a good thread to read !!!!!

wooh.. the name that you've named to your kids was very unique...
i know the kids wont hate their name in time and when they grow up it was very lovely names...!
i agree chase was a good one name than chance..!

What a wonderful name choice! I love the name Chance. My husband and I have a son, and many didn't like his name either - we named him Hunter Liam - but I think its beautiful!

Many don't like the other two boy names I have picked out either - but if we have another boy (trying desperately for another!) he will either be Lincoln or Cash. Although, I have to admit, Cash would be cruel as our last name is Carey - Cash N' Carey would be a brutal nickname!

Hunter and Lincoln can both be reduced to crude words - but they are strong, beautiful names and I won't change em!

Follow your heart!

My friend has a daughter called Chance

I think its quite a sweet name

just reading this old post, thought i would update it i had a girl she is gorgeous 6 weeks old dolcina jane hilton, (dolci) i still love the name chance for a boy, and if i ever have one thats what i would call him. but i doubt it 3 is enough for me. i think. we will see.

janice xx

awww! congrats! love the name :hug:xx

Latest posts

Back