Chance for a boy's name??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chanails

Reaction score
hello everyone,

hi what do you think of chance for a boys name, i have 2 girls chanel and camellia (cami) for short, surname hilton so chance hilton.

nobody likes it what do you guys think.

but then nobody liked chanel 12 years ago and nobody liked cami but didn't stop me and they so grow into there names.
just think i am taking a bigger chance with chance. pardon the pun.

p.s it might be a girl but i am ok for girls names .

thanks peeps x

You do want an honest answer don't you :lol:

I don't like it hun, as soon i saw it i just thought chancer would be the nick name at school and would probably stick for years after school :hug:

It's certainly unusual, I'm not sure whether it'd be one of those names that would 'grow' on me but I thought of Charles Dance (he's an actor I think :hug:) when I first saw it! At the end of the day, you name your baby and if you really like the name, go for it :hug:

Can I be rude? Is it deliberate that you want them to all begin with the letter C?

My brothers wife is called Karen, she has three girls, kasha, kiala and keabi, its like the KKK with an extra member! It confuses the entire family cause there names are constantly mixed up.

Also a nightmare when post comes for them, like how do you know whats what, lest to say if one ends up getting bad credit it can effect the others!

I deliberatly avoided calling my kids with the same initials.

I was going to call my little boy Aidan as his dads Adrian it all sounded to confusing so called him Harry.

Thing is do you really like the name? If you like it then who cares what anyone else thinks. Although my real first name is horrid and I got bullied big style at school because of it, although today it seems acceptable to call your kids anything.

Give them a decent middle name then if they hate it so much they can change it although I think pshychologically it plays a large part what you call a child.

My eldest daughter hates her name cause its the same as a boys name so it effects her a lot.

In my honest opinion theres nothing wrong with a good strong traditional name!!

as most kids grow up to hate their name - i know my daughter "paula" hates her name, but i love it, but then again i dont have to live with it - i think "chance" would hate you for this flower - sorry - good strong boy names is what ya need - as already stated - jack, tom, arthur lol (only joking) - all the old fashioned names are back in fashion, and i love them - just wished i was able to have a son NOW - his name would deffo be tom, oh and another name that seems to be popular up here is warren

just my thoughts flower - you go with what you want - if you like it then fair enough

Well I REALLY like it!!!!:):hug:

I'm going to be brutally honest...

I dont like it. First thing that popped into my head was a bouncing puppy.
And I will bet my house that he'll be teased incessantly at school.
Heck, family will bug him about his name.

BUT
If kids are determined to tease, they will find a way to mess with anyone's name.
And, YOU have to like the name. It's the name YOU are going to be saying over and over and over and over....
So, imagine yourself hollering at him when he's naughty or whatever... Or calling him from playing outside "Chaaaaaaaaaaaaaance, suuuuuuuupper time!" (ok, sorry, I'm still getting image of puppy, but running this time)

When it came to name my girls... I wasn't listening to anyone.
They are "Mereena Ruby Faith" and "Cailin Hope Elizabeth".
Nobody liked Mereena's name (the "Mer" is pronounced like "pur" and 'sir", NOT like MArina which is a boat dock).
There are often mixups; Mereena being called MArina and Cailin (pronounced KayLin) being called Kaitlyn by other peeps and I have to correct them. It's annoying, but ah well.
I was trying to find names that couldn't be shortened to end with the "Y" or "EY" sound which I can NOT stand (just as I DETEST being called Vicki, it's not on my birth cert.. it's NOT my name, don't call me that)

When it comes right down to it; YOU and Your hubby have to like the name. This is YOUR child and not anyone else's.
So, if they don't like it, too bad.
If you're both happy, then that's all that matters.

I love it and with a surname like Hilton...he'll grow up to be very successful.

On my list of boys names (I had a girl by the way), I had the name Chancey. xx

Whether other people like it or not shouldn't come into it hun, if you and your partner like it then go for it.
I wanted my youngest to be called Madison but allowed myself to be talked out of it, which I regret, however she does suit being a Meggie Moo :lol:(nickname for Megan)

I love it, if you want it you go for it hun....x :hug:

Can I be rude? Is it deliberate that you want them to all begin with the letter C?

My brothers wife is called Karen, she has three girls, kasha, kiala and keabi, its like the KKK with an extra member! It confuses the entire family cause there names are constantly mixed up.

Also a nightmare when post comes for them, like how do you know whats what, lest to say if one ends up getting bad credit it can effect the others!

I have to agree with this, as I am one of 3 A's (My name is Andrea, sisters are Alison and Amanda) and Alison and I live in the same house and we always end up opening each others mail and one of my bills got mixed up and it went through her account :rolleyes:

But back on topic, If I am honest, I don't like the name Chance, but I prefer 'less common' but not 'unheard of' names such as 'aden' (but then thats back with the A theme lol)... but like most others have said, it's entirely up to you honey, congrats on the pregnancy :hug:

I really like it but I must admit I would prefer it as a girls name rather then a boys. At the end of the day, he/she is going to be your baby. My youngest son is called Beau. My husband didnt like it at first but he had no choice :lol: Now he likes it. Good luck and congratulations!!

I think its a nice name and would suit a girl or a boy.

If you want to stick with C's I also really like the name Chase for a boy.......Chase Hilton!!!!

Good luck and keep us updated with what you decide

xxxx

I also really like the name Chase for a boy.......

xxxx

THATS the one I was trying to think of - thanks :hug: - i always thought of chase in the programme "falcon crest"- for those that remember it :eek: - if my memory serves me right, he was one hot mf

:hug:

THATS the one I was trying to think of - thanks :hug: - i always thought of chase in the programme "falcon crest"- for those that remember it :eek: - if my memory serves me right, he was one hot mf

:hug:
Yes i do remember it...and yes he WAS one hot mf:eek::lol:

I love the name Chase....i dont like chance though....

I'd say if you have your heart set on it, then go for it...

14 years ago I really wanted 'Chad' for my son...but his dad refused, and he laughed at it, so I had to compromise on Ryan (reluctantly on my part) I've forever regretted it and still love the name Chad, no one I know has it...

So glad I stuck to my guns on the other 2's names though.

I do agree with the poster who said about the mail though...My intials are ADP and my daughters is DAP, my ex is JCP and so is my eldest son, it does get confusing when we open each others mail !

Why not call him paris....... certainly get him noticed!

chance ...it's a nice name for a boy and different. it takes me back when i had my heart set on naming my son Mason but hubby was having none of it and named him Christopher

I think you have to consider every stage of your child's life and give them a name that will carry them through it.

If you really like it and others don't then I wouldn't even discuss it with people, just wait for baby to be born then tell people the name, I hope no-one would be rude enough to comment negatively on a name after its already been given, but you never know !

I have had the same problem so now I don't bother telling people, I could understand if I had choosen some really random names but the ones I have picked are just a bit unusual and not popular (which is what I want)

Originally I wanted Aeron for a boy and it got to the point where I was openly rowing with people over it, someone actually said oooooooooooooohhhhhhhh I HATE that name, its awful etc etc, I went mad and said it was my baby and id call it what I wanted. She didn't like that, its so rude I personally don't like her sons name but I would NEVER be so rude as to actually comment on this.

Latest posts

Back