Changing your child's surname?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went through all this a few years ago you can go to the solicitor and have any name you wish and change it by deepol which there will be a fee, mine was over £40 to change my daughters name to my now hubbys.You cant change the name on the birth certificate and theres something there about getting permission. Anyhow so shes got a birth cert in her birth name but his known everywhere else my hubbys name ie: dr's, hospital,college and even her passport came back with mu hubbys name on it and i did send the original cert in so god knows. Best to go to a solicitor as you get the first 30mins free consultation anyway as the laws change so much.Good luck xx

I was given my sperm donors name at birth, then I began to use my mum's surname once I started primary school.

At the age of 18 I changed my name by deed poll to my mums surname, which in my opinion had always been my name anyway as this is the name I had been using for years.

My name change was very important to and I am so glad that I done it!

Absolutely I think it's important too. I will definately make an appointment with the solicitor then.
I phoned the passport office, she was very nice but said I would have to get it sorted by a solicitor.
Meanwhile Ill talk to my hubby about changing it at school etc for a start, thanks guys.:hug:xx

Latest posts

Back