Charging a fee for mobile treatments?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nimue

Reaction score
Hello ladies,
I've been working from a rented room for 4 years and I'm thinking about starting mobile treatments again.
When I did this before I charged an extra £5 for seeing the client at home. Much the same as a Tesco delivery driver etc... It is taking the 'hassle' out of driving somewhere. It stops people calling me out for a £5 eyebrow shape, they would pay £10 instead with the mobile fee. This fee also helped with the cost of petrol and car expenses too.
Does this sound reasonable? Do any of you charge for mobile services? What are your thoughts?
Many Thanks

I agree that they should pay extra for the convenience, plus the cost of fuel, etc. I'm totally mobile and the way I do it is that I have a minimum treatment charge to go out. I'm in South East London/Kent and mine is £15, so as you say stops the £5 brow thread etc. I travel within a 20 mile radius included in that price and charge extra mileage outside of that area x

Hello ladies,
I've been working from a rented room for 4 years and I'm thinking about starting mobile treatments again.
When I did this before I charged an extra £5 for seeing the client at home. Much the same as a Tesco delivery driver etc... It is taking the 'hassle' out of driving somewhere. It stops people calling me out for a £5 eyebrow shape, they would pay £10 instead with the mobile fee. This fee also helped with the cost of petrol and car expenses too.
Does this sound reasonable? Do any of you charge for mobile services? What are your thoughts?
Many Thanks

£5 for an eyebrow shape, wow thats cheap. We charge £15!!!

I have a minimum charge of £20 on my price list ...
I wouldn't go for just an eyebrow wax ...
X

I have a £40 minimum call out charge beyond a 12 mile radius and I'm only really happy to travel 15 miles unless it's a big group of people. The majority of my work is massage so the minimum I've been called out for is £26 for a back, neck and shoulder massage. I don't tend to get little bits of waxing book in, but if anyone did ask I think I'd say minimum callout of £25. When you take off fuel, products, car depreciation etc and your time is it worth going out for £10?

I have a £40 minimum call out charge beyond a 12 mile radius and I'm only really happy to travel 15 miles unless it's a big group of people. The majority of my work is massage so the minimum I've been called out for is £26 for a back, neck and shoulder massage. I don't tend to get little bits of waxing book in, but if anyone did ask I think I'd say minimum callout of £25. When you take off fuel, products, car depreciation etc and your time is it worth going out for £10?

Very sensible indeed, and obviously someone who understands their worth!

I do t go out of the salon for anything less than £25. It's just not worth it.

I agree that they should pay extra for the convenience, plus the cost of fuel, etc. I'm totally mobile and the way I do it is that I have a minimum treatment charge to go out. I'm in South East London/Kent and mine is £15, so as you say stops the £5 brow thread etc. I travel within a 20 mile radius included in that price and charge extra mileage outside of that area x

You would travel 20 miles for £15? Is that even worth it ? X

Most mobile therapists that do my area state they do a minimum call-out before they accept the booking. I assume the cost of the fuel and time is included in their price. If their prices are too cheap and they don't add on a call-out fee, then they must be losing out. I've rarely gone out to a client but I've always added £5 and they must be within 5 miles of me.

Hi geeks
Ive been mobile for 4 years and i get the odd funny client
As today i had a client who wanted to book in for Gellux Gel polish i charge £12.50 which i think is really good and they've been lasting for 3 weeks so im happy with that.
I checked her address and she lives 8.41 miles from my house which is the fastest route on driving on the M4
I told her i would cost an extra £1.50 for petrol so be £14 for the gel polish,petrol and comfort on her own home !
she then told me to forget it and that she was happy to pay £12.50 but not the £14 , ive got really annoyed about it and got me questioning my own way of charging people, and its quite upset me cause im very reasonable and it wouldnt be worth driving there and back to my house it would have cost £4 in petrol there and back according to google maps. So technically the nails would cost £8.50 !!
I want to keep my costs low to keep my clients but when this happens it really annoys me.
why do clients think just cause we are mobile that we have to be stinking cheap
rant over lol
does this happen to anyone else?

x

Being Mobile you should keep your rates more higher because
We go to houses
We setup stuff
We provide comfort according to their ease and timing
We carry all heavy stuff
X

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi geeks

Ive been mobile for 4 years and i get the odd funny client

As today i had a client who wanted to book in for Gellux Gel polish i charge £12.50 which i think is really good and they've been lasting for 3 weeks so im happy with that.

I checked her address and she lives 8.41 miles from my house which is the fastest route on driving on the M4

I told her i would cost an extra £1.50 for petrol so be £14 for the gel polish,petrol and comfort on her own home !

she then told me to forget it and that she was happy to pay £12.50 but not the £14 , ive got really annoyed about it and got me questioning my own way of charging people, and its quite upset me cause im very reasonable and it wouldnt be worth driving there and back to my house it would have cost £4 in petrol there and back according to google maps. So technically the nails would cost £8.50 !!

I want to keep my costs low to keep my clients but when this happens it really annoys me.

why do clients think just cause we are mobile that we have to be stinking cheap

rant over lol

does this happen to anyone else?

x

Personally I think the best way to avoid this situation is to factor in all of your costs to your treatment prices and accept that some visits you may make a bit more and others a bit less. I'd also always have a minimum call out charge (what this is will be individual to you, your prices, your area, how far you're willing to travel etc).

If you don't want to change your prices altogether Id avoid it by doing one of two things: a) prepare a home price list and a mobile price list or b) state very clearly, a number of times on your website/cards/over the phone your call out charge and make it the same for everyone to avoid confusion.

Hopefully the clarity will avoid situations like that! Xx

Yeah ill have to go over my price lists again and get it sorted its so rare that it happens , loads of my clients just give me the £15 instead of the £12.50 which is really nice, but then you get the odd few who act like this, So annoying !

ill go through my price list again

I hate it aswell when you say your price but then they say oh i know someone who does it cheaper so ill go to them :grr::grr::grr:
yes they cheaper for a reason , I do Gellux brand and its not cheap either x

Latest posts

Back