Charging accordingly

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh my word, these are fabulous! I think that's a great idea to price them in catagories, but would still say for the very intricate ones, that's too cheap.

I think a lot of people would pay more for something so exclusive. I know I would.

It's very good to have a price range for all the work you do but I still think your intricate work (teddy ones) are still way too cheap. Now who on here, hands up, could say they could do them? I couldn't, no way... so you are unique and should charge accordingly, not just your time but products and expertise.

I have to comment just to say how fantastic ur work is!!! You are sooo talented. I would love to see some more of your work x

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

AMAZING work! Can't believe you hand painted those teddies :-o

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Yes agree, your work is amazing!! Would love to see tutorials xx

There's are amazing you are very talented, you should do classes !

I never expected all of these compliments!! Lol you're too kind, I feel all warm and fuzzy reading them though :hug:

So, how much do you think I should be charging?

Xxx

Just to add - amazing nail art ... <3
I love your designs ....
Your worth every penny of what you charge ... !!!

Wow they're amazing nails. I love your art and don't think you would have a problem getting paid what you are worth.

Wow they're amazing. I would be charging a minimum of £45 for them as they are fantastic. Don't be worried about putting people off, when you're as talented as you are you will get plenty of clients who will gladly pay it and you don't need to worry about those who don't. Look at places like Harvey Nics or nails inc for example. They charge a fortune for just a basic service. Gor for it and charge what you're worth :))

I would say anything from £50 to £85 for those! They're amazing! I was feeling quite good about my nail art skills until I saw them! Haha xx

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

I never expected all of these compliments!! Lol you're too kind, I feel all warm and fuzzy reading them though :hug:

So, how much do you think I should be charging?

Xxx

I think what you have suggested earlier is fine with the hourly structure......however if you get a request for a one off set with a lot of work charge 50% again (£30 per hour, this includes single nail work).

I think you can charge a lot for your amazing art so starting at your revised pricing is fine and then EVERY 12 months make sure you add AT LEAST 20% to your prices.

This will mean you build your prices as your build your reputation and your portfolio.

I can can see you doing some top class jobs in the future and you can be as much in demand as you choose......I am sure Beyonce would love a set of your bespoke art nails

:Love:

I never expected so many responses! Thank you!! I've taken all of your advice on board and am just sorting out my website now :)

Xxx

Last edited:
Very interesting thread - I too struggle with pricing my more intricate nail art. I currently charge £2.50 per nail for the more detailed stuff, but tend to give things like Rockstars, polka dots etc for free because they don't take up too much time. If I were doing a full set of detailed nail art I quote anything from £10 to £20 extra on top of my Shellac price (of £25), which people do seem prepared to pay. As everyone else has said, it is your time that is precious - and you should charge accordingly. Your Tatty Teddy nails are absolutely gorgeous xxx

Sorry I can't help you with pricing - I can't even figure dollars into pounds! LOL! But I had to post on your thread how fantastic I think your work is! Just amazing! How lucky for all of your clients to have such beautiful and detailed work on their nails!

I never expected so many responses! Thank you!! I've taken all of your advice on board and am just sorting out my website now :)

Xxx

Your work is fantastic hun and everyone wants you to earn what you deserve for amazing art like that!

You need to do way more nail art tutorials for your youtube channel, I'm having withdrawal symptoms lol xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Oh my. I would be charging serious money if I could do nails like that! I agree with what everyone has already said. I'm replying just to ask you to start a YouTube channel. I would love to watch you create those teddy nails. Absolutely adorable!

What a great idea, I'd also love to watch these being done, You Tube would be a good idea x

Your nails are amazing, can't wait to see your version of the my little pony ones, I'm a huge my little pony fan.
I agree with everyone on here that you need to charge £40+ for your work.

Beautiful work . I did post before but don't know where my post gone .so sorry if it comes up twice but I had to say lovely work . I'm not a nail art fan as I can't draw a straight line myself . Your work is amazing x

Xxx

I just wanted to add the reason why I think you should be charging more for these nails. I'm not sure what your regular shellac price is, but I have read of people on here that charge £30-35, so to only charge £40 for such intricate work seems too cheap. Of course it depends on your area.

Also you might consider whether you would want to do this kind of nail art all day if it becomes really popular. Could you see youself doing that? The higher the price, the more exclusive it stays, allowing you to do other things/treatments too.

It's not only your product costs and your time that people need to be paying for. It's your TALENT, and that is your USP. Many people can do a good shellac, not many will be able to create such fine art.

Good luck with the competition, and dont forget to remind us when to vote x

Latest posts

Back