Charging for mileage?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Becca@PolishedToPerfection

Reaction score
I was thinking anything over 5 miles from my address I will charge 45p per mile. If somebody lived say 7 miles away would you charge them £3.15 which is the full 7 miles or 90p which is the extra 2 miles? I'd feel silly charging 90p! xx

I would charge the full amount as you will have to take into account your return trip.

Personally I do not include mileage costs for xx miles for this reason and instead charge 45p per round trip no matter what the distance as fuel costs no matter what mileage i do, however if someone is in my village or just outside of it I don't charge as I'm not that mean

Last edited:
I would charge the full amount as you will have to take into account your return trip.

Personally I do not include mileage costs for xx miles for this reason and instead charge 45p per round trip no matter what the distance as fuel costs no matter what mileage i do, however if someone is in my village or just outside of it I don't charge as I'm not that mean

So do you mean if it's 7 miles away charge them for 14? Sorry didn't quite understand it, it doesn't take much to confuse me! lol x

Yes, if it was 7 miles there and 7 miles back I would charge them for 14 miles £6.30

Last edited:
Why don't you just include it in your prices and state the areas you work? Personally, I'd be a bit put off if someone charged extra for mileage. For me I'd want one price for everything. This is just me though, I'm not dissing how you conduct your business or anything. :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Personally I travel within 5 miles which is included in the price of the treatment - distances over 5 miles are charged at 50p per mile for anything over the 5 mile radius (7 miles away is an additional £1) - I don't charge for my return journey though.

Why don't you just include it in your prices and state the areas you work? Personally, I'd be a bit put off if someone charged extra for mileage. For me I'd want one price for everything. This is just me though, I'm not dissing how you conduct your business or anything. :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

A mobile service is luxury service and petrol costs money.

I charge to/from mileage as it car uses fuel to get me back home.

If a client doesn't want to pay mileage they can either come to me or go elsewhere.

All I do is weddings and most of them are miles away, so it wouldn't do to incorporate this into my price list as it would eat in to my profit margin and it would be hard to calculate as the area I need to cover is large.

I have this problem. I had an enquiry today from a lady who was 14 miles away. I usually travel up to 8 miles included in my price so informed her I would be happy to travel but would just add on an extra 4 pound to cover my costs which isn't even 50p a mile. She replied by saying she will think about it and have to check her bank! This happens almost every time I have mentioned charging a few pounds extra. They rarely book me but it annoys the hell out of me! Do they think my time and petrol is free?

I feel that if i just don't mention that I have added an extra few pounds that they will think im overpriced and go elsewhere anyway!

Grrr! Claire.x
Sent from my GT-I8190 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back