Charging for removal?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heather78

Reaction score
Sorry ladies, have started a new thread about removal costs as think mines got a little lost & I'm so confused!! I will include removal cost into shellac service (re-shellac) & I will have a charge for an appointment for a removal only.

But do any of you ladies charge your clients for removal if they come in for a normal Mani/Pedi (not re-shellacing) or they tie it in with there normal appointment whether it be for a facial/lash-brow tinting/waxing etc or do you incorporate it in with there treatment at no cost???

I would say yes if they aren't having a Shellac nail appt to follow.

Sorry ladies, have started a new thread about removal costs as think mines got a little lost & I'm so confused!! I will include removal cost into shellac service (re-shellac) & I will have a charge for an appointment for a removal only.

But do any of you ladies charge your clients for removal if they come in for a normal Mani/Pedi (not re-shellacing) or they tie it in with there normal appointment whether it be for a facial/lash-brow tinting/waxing etc or do you incorporate it in with there treatment at no cost???

If they have had Shellac done with me I will take it off at no cost, if they have had it somewhere else I charge €10 x

i only charge £15 for shellac file and polish so i charge £5 removal regardless. i also use the cnd finger wrap which dont come free so think its best to charge something. if you charge say £20-25 for the manicure i would do it for free as you will have made more than enough to cover costs and time. also x

I charge $10 for removal regardless of whether they are having Shellac reapplied or not. The reason for this is that I still have to replace supplies/product (remover wraps, acetone, orangewood sticks, scrubfresh, Solar Oil). There is also my time to consider. I could have booked another appointment in this slot so if I don't charge, that's cash I've flushed down the toilet.

Absolutely charge!

We have two prices for Shellac - Shellac alone £15 and Shellac with prior removal £18. And for Shellac removal with any other service £3 to cover costs.

We offer a budget service as we are in an indoor market so have decided to seperate it out. If we were charging £20 or above for a shellac then I would include it no problem.

xx

I don't do shellac but the principle is the same - if I am removing my bio and re-applying, the fee is all inclusive but if removing someone elses, I charge an extra £10.

Hi yes! My overlays are £17 and with removal and new overlay £20! 9 times out of 10 I remove and re-do! But always charge for removal x

I charge $5 for removal of Shellac, regardless of what they're doing afterwards. $20 for Shellac alone. $25 for removal and re-Shellac. Just like Gr8Nailz said, it's product and your time. Value them both! :)

In my cost per service I count the removal ,
When they come back they have already payed for removal wether they are getting a re shellac or not .

If they never come back it's a bonus lol

Maybe put your price up to 25 permanently ,
You might thing the higher price will put people off but if I was a client coming to you I would rather see 1 price , and not a start price then a more expensive one .

I would probably pick it off at home and ness my nails up!

As we sell our shellac service as a power polish I think confusing people with a follow up prices take away from the simplicity of the shellac service ,

All the client shuld need to think of is 2 week appointment , color , solar oil 0 dry time , glossy shine and wearing it flawlessly :)

Ok so I'm torn between 2 pricing options!! This is not how I'm wording it necessarily but just to give you an idea-

£20 shellac mani or pedi
-Add £5 to any regular or luxury mani/pedi
-French shellac or Layering add £3
Removal
-Combine removal with next shellac, regular or luxury mani pedi £3
or with next regular beauty treatment (not nails) £5
-Removal only with nail tidy £10

Or
£25 shellac mani/pedi
Add £5 to regular or luxury mani pedi
French or layering add £3
Removal
-Free with next shellac, regular or luxury mani/pedi or regular beauty treatment.
-Removal only with nail tidy £10.

What do you think??

When they come back they have already payed for removal wether they are getting a re shellac or not .

You might thing the higher price will put people off but if I was a client coming to you I would rather see 1 price , and not a start price then a more expensive one .

As we sell our shellac service as a power polish I think confusing people with a follow up prices take away from the simplicity of the shellac service ,

All the client shuld need to think of is 2 week appointment , color , solar oil 0 dry time , glossy shine and wearing it flawlessly :)

I like this idea of one price and saying it includes your removal on your next Shellac service, whether you pick your Shellac off or not. I think I will suggest this to my owner that we up the price and just make it all-inclusive. We would still keep the $10 "unrelated" Shellac removal, however.

Thanks, Mizzy.:biggrin:

This is exactly my way of thinking and how I offer my service- I prefer to have just one price for clients each time, and so work removal into my treatment cost for returning clients.

I do charge separately though for clients that don't intend to return for a repeat service. ( I have a few that have Shellac only for a special occasion, then come back just for removal after 4 weeks+)

With this in mind, I personally would go with your second option Heather x

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back