Chatting & moaning on to my clients too much?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Miss Sylk

Reaction score
It's a bad habit I need to shake, but so hard! I wonder how many others do this? I'm very chatty with my clients and worry if I'm overly chatty the worst part is I'm a right moaner! That should be my clients place to moan but j find myself doing it lots :( how do I do this? I need an electric shock collar if I moan zap!!!!

Do my clients like that or do they hate it?? Should I be more professional and just talk about them and the weather?

Im pretty open with my clients, don't really moan at them but you do get the odd day and as I work for home, alot of days they are the only people I see :)

Sent from my LT30p using SalonGeek mobile app

I worry about this too hun, I leave and sometimes regret not shutting up for the whole hour!! Think it depends who your with as well, as soon as I meet the client i can tell if there a talker or not! Think it's always best to just be yourself and maybe a little less moany ha ha xx

Im pretty open with my clients too- most of them love a good gossip. If they are quieter I will be quieter- you can usually pick up if a person doesn't really want much convo

Xx

I'm the same. I have clients going, "how's the wee one sleeping now, any better?" And I'm thinking, did I tell you as well? I can't even remember! Lol

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

I think unless you really know your client well,you know the ones you have maybe had for years, then no you do not off load any problems or personal stuff of your own.Best to just ask questions and listen.

I stopped going to my beauty therapist as all she did was chew my ear! Constant moans about her boyfriend, her kids teachers, her friends, the salon poaching her clients. I used to think "whoa, wonder when she is gonna ask about me"?
She used to do fab sweedish massage and then ruin it by insisting on sitting down with me in reception afterwards.
I now go to a lovely girl who has a reputation for being "a bit stand off". I love it

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I worked with someone who did nothing but talk about herself her kids her problems I used to cringe! If a client asks me something I tell them or if I can relate to them with a story I say but I always bring the attention back to them. They're paying for your therapy in every sense not tge other way around ;)
Just personal opinion

I have caught myself moaning just a little to my clients, and stopped in my tracks. Definitely a no no. Best to ask about them and go with thier flow.

I know it's such a pain that they have turned up and ruined my day, when I could just be slobbing on the sofa stuffing my face watching a good film, but I have to do thier frigging nails.. so inconsiderate of clients ! But we mustn't moan. :rolleyes:

I also worry, I worry that I over share sometimes! I think when I used to work with 15 other girls in my old salon, I got used to chatting very openly about everything! However I learned that some clients are a little more conservative then some, so I try to judge someone's character before I open up. Some love nothing more then a gossipy chinwag with you, others prefer to keep to themselves a bit more.

Interesting thread! I find a lot of people ask me a lottt of questions so then I end up talkung about my business but Inalways try bring it back to them but sometimes they don't wanna talk about themselves at all !

I dont moan, I try not to anyway. My regulars know I'm under quite a bit of pressure at the moment but my new clients don't have a clue. I always listen to them and do my best to remember what people tell me. Sometimes I feel like I know their familys too since they tell me everything but it's nice :) some people just won't talk and that's fine too. I really don't mind. Everyone needs a moan, you just have to try not to do it and stop yourself if you do. It's hard because we have very personal relationships with our clients. Heck, one new one was all like oh it's like having a new boyfriend (having a new therapist) cause I'm all shy since I'm not used to you yet (I was waxing lol) x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I usually end up with one a week crying their eyes out to me while telling me their problems. I've always got a big box of tissues nearby. I never tell them my woes, only nice things about my girls and maybe an occasional humorous moan about the hubby in a lighthearted way. We can all relate to that.

I usually end up with one a week crying their eyes out to me while telling me their problems. I've always got a big box of tissues nearby. I never tell them my woes, only nice things about my girls and maybe an occasional humorous moan about the hubby in a lighthearted way. We can all relate to that.

This is the only thing I really can not be dealing with - this is why I focus on facials and anything that is relaxing and requires silence. I couldn't think of anything worse than being a nail tech/hairdresser where you generally have the same conversations all day and listening to peoples problems. It just isn't me. I'd rather be cracking jokes and making people laugh. Not the best when trying to relax I know! so if i can't do that, silence it is.

I always think I chat too much, but I always remember their events and plans and ask about them too.
I think that if they didn't like me and my ways then they wouldn't come back :D
I seem to be one of those people that something always happens too so there is always a story although I do bore myself with the same story all week until something new happens!! :)

This is the only thing I really can not be dealing with - this is why I focus on facials and anything that is relaxing and requires silence. I couldn't think of anything worse than being a nail tech/hairdresser where you generally have the same conversations all day and listening to peoples problems. It just isn't me. I'd rather be cracking jokes and making people laugh. Not the best when trying to relax I know! so if i can't do that, silence it is.

Believe me, it can get you down. It's very draining.

Believe me, it can get you down. It's very draining.

Have you thought that maybe you are in the wrong trade? Lol

You missed out the word BORING - that springs to mind! ha

I actually find this very offensive. Did you know that year after year hairdressers top the lists of "happiest profession"? You may well find it "boring" but yet again you have taken it too far and turned it into a personal slight on our profession.

I actually find this very offensive. Did you know that year after year hairdressers top the lists of "happiest profession"? You may well find it "boring" but yet again you have taken it too far and turned it into a personal slight on our profession.

Wind your neck in old girl - can't please everyone as the saying goes - it's an opinion and you clearly have yours! sorry about offending you with the word 'BORING' I could think of better ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back