Cheap alternative for the training hand...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Only-me

Reaction score
Hi there.... first post..

I am very new, I am training..

BUT thought I would share this to help save pennies! see pic below-

I fill cheap marigolds with cheap flour, tie them, put tips on, cut and shape, for me to practice smiles for gel and l&p...

After the first time I will then cut them close to the top of the glove then put new tips on top and blend so that the original will act as a nail (practice blending).

The cost was about 2 pounds for 4 hands! I am also practicing on real nails but while I am struggling to get it right this helps in the mean time!
As I am concerned as I am one of those people that want to get it just so.. if I can't do a better job than them then its not good enough..

thanks for reading x

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 255
  • photo2.jpg
    photo2.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 460
  • photo3.jpg
    photo3.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 501
Wow do you have a Blue Peter badge? That's such a great idea, well done!

Actually can't take credit, my beauty therapist suggested this for me - but thought it would be great for others too

very clever, they look like marge simpsons hands haha!x

ha ha that is very clever!

Every little helps... plus I use the tip sizes I seem to be left with.. put to good use i think

Yes, that's a very cleaver idea!
I must say though that i went ahead and purchased the "essential nail trainer " hand , and i believe its so worth the investment! When I'm not using it i leave it mounted at the nail station with nail art on the nails and it seriously gets noticed! Just the attention it draws is worth every penny i spent for the item!
Your idea is awesome for the student for sure! :)

Ok, these are scarily realistic (apart from the yellow of course hehe) What a fab idea! Thanks for the tip only-me! xx

Well better than those creepy practice fingers off ebay! Il be making me one of them to practice me blending, thanks for sharing :D

Sent from my GT-I5500 using SalonGeek

This is what Bio Sculpture get you to bring with you to use on your training days!!!!!!

Jo xx

Hi there.... first post..

I am very new, I am training..

BUT thought I would share this to help save pennies! see pic below-

I fill cheap marigolds with cheap flour, tie them, put tips on, cut and shape, for me to practice smiles for gel and l&p...

After the first time I will then cut them close to the top of the glove then put new tips on top and blend so that the original will act as a nail (practice blending).

The cost was about 2 pounds for 4 hands! I am also practicing on real nails but while I am struggling to get it right this helps in the mean time!
As I am concerned as I am one of those people that want to get it just so.. if I can't do a better job than them then its not good enough..

thanks for reading x

Weird I know... yes I thought they must have been thought of before, seems crazy but it worked for me.. I have made a few so that I can practice practice practice.. finding l&p hard but know I can get better before on real nails again..

Latest posts

Back