cheap tables for mobile techs

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leece

Reaction score
where would i get a cheap table from when i am a mobile nail technician?

Hi Leece, argos do one, don't know what it is just that it was about £10 I think, it came up on a thread about a week or two ago, but just remember all the things you need to take with you when you are mobile, if they want nail art or a pedicure as well it can be a lot and you don't want to be spending half an hour getting all your stuff in and out of their house, I always ask what sort of table they have and if I don't like the sound of that I ask them to put the ironing board up with a chair either side, that way even if the chairs are from the 3 piece suit it doesn't give you a bad back coz the board lowers enough to be useful, then I just bring a big towel and my couch roll to protect their board, a lot lighter than lugging a table around with me.

Hi Leece,

As Susie already mentioned, I always worked at the clients ironing board when I was Mobile...you don't want to carry more equipment than you need to.

HTH's

do the clients not mind that tho????

Not at all, so long as you cover it with several layers of fluffy towel to protect their cover they actualy think its a great idea. I have one lady who is at collage and since we started doing her nails on her ironing board she has started doing her home work on it instead of buying a desk.

what kind of tables does every1 else use?

I also use their ironing board.

ikea do loads from £5 upwards i was going to buy one from there but my sister in law let me have her one as she is a hairdresser now so she doesnt need it also argos do some too:)

hi Leece, if you go on the ikea website there is a table in the shape of a kidney. the legs are removeable (screw on i think) and they are about 25 quid and they come in different colours. However, if you don't like the idea of that you can buy a proper tech table but they are normally about 100 quid plus and i don't really think they are worth that (unless they have all the extractor stuff etc but not sure if you could carry all that!!) an ironing board is a good idea if you don't want to be lugging stuff around and you can keep your eye on geekbay for a manicure table and some of us have managed to get one off of ebay. hope that helps a little. x

i use a lil table i got from homebase it folds flat (like deckchair) i love it. it cost under £10 i love the ironing board idea too.

Hi

I normally use their dining table or any small table they have but yesteday my client didn't have one but the ironing board was excellent as it can be adjusted to any height!

It also saves you from carrying around so much stuff and breaking your back!

HTH xxxx

Have you tried salons direct, they actually have a table that is identical to the professional nail tables u can buy and I think u can even put an extractor in it, it folds away for transportation.

I do agree with the others though, there is already lots to carry around with you so see if u can make do with what they have, the ironing board idea is great!!!!

Hi....i always use an ironing board...in my own home and when i am mobile....i would never take the risk of working on someones table....just in case:!:

Thanks Alot For All Your Ideas.

Latest posts

Back