Cheaper hair colour brand

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hairdresser28

Reaction score
Wella master colourist here, :) I love wella colours but am looking to set up on my own and they are just a bit to steep in price.
I have been looking at a few other brands and just don't know what to go for.
I know cheaper ain't always better but if anybody had any suggestions i would appreciate it ! Thanks

I use majirel mainly but I have been using some nxt colours from Capital Hair and Beauty. They are bigger tubes, cheaper slightly and the ones I have used have been great coverage on white and lovely tones.

Ive just started up mobile and use Mood colours. No problems yet.

Stick with what you're trained in, and charge accordingly. :cool:

I use Wella, I shop around for best prices, I’m hot on waste and I charge accordingly

I use rusk, can buy in bulk from salon services for good prices and it's really good.
Used it for 6 years

I use Idhair colours there brilliant

Xp100 from salon services is good, they do deals on bulk buys also

I use rusk, can buy in bulk from salon services for good prices and it's really good.
Used it for 6 years
how do u find the ash tones in rusk are they a clean ash and also how do u find the base someone told me when u mix a base with another tone it got kaki?

Goldwell ?
Bit cheaper but great results

I’ve recently changed from wella to ID Except bleach and highlift , and L’Oréal majicontrast reds,
Mainly due to cost , and I wanted to step out of my comfort zone ,
I felt wella where putting all the new shades into the innosense range and illumia which for me as a mobile hairstylist was not very cost effective
The grey coverage is really good when used 2:1 with 9%

I’ve recently changed from wella to ID Except bleach and highlift , and L’Oréal majicontrast reds,
I felt wella where putting all the new shades into the innosense range and illumia which for me as a mobile hairstylist was not very cost effective

There have been more new Koleston shades this year than Illumina or innosense 6/97 8/97 10/97 10/86

Next year there will be a change up with Koleston.

I’m mobile and probably use more Illumina that anything else

I love Id try there bleach and highlifts you'll be impressed also the special reds are amazing so much more vibrant than maji contrast!

I tried them but unfortunately they faded too quickly ! ,
Am sure the bleach will be fab but I know blondor so well and know how exactly how it will perform to the minute and am really happy 100% with the results . So if it ain’t broke !
I have been however , really happy with ID , cost wise and result wise !
Especially with grey coverage and quasi !

I tried them but unfortunately they faded too quickly ! ,
Am sure the bleach will be fab but I know blondor so well and know how exactly how it will perform to the minute and am really happy 100% with the results . So if it ain’t broke !
I have been however , really happy with ID , cost wise and result wise !
Especially with grey coverage and quasi !
Its the shine using them as a Demi that i LOVE!!

Latest posts

Back