Chemical danger?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Envy

Reaction score
With all the recent threads and questions about "harmful chemicals and allergys" in our industry I was wondering wether people are generally aware of chemistry and the world around us?

... Let me tell you a little story...

"There is a chemical that is being used by nuclear reactor operating companys, pesticide companies and by chemical cleanup crews. This product ends up ON YOUR DINNER TABLE AND IN YOUR WATER WAYS!!! This chemical is di-hydrogen monoxide. There has been a proposal to petition against it's use."

My question to you is "do you think that this petition would be a good idea?"

I look forward to your feedback ;)

excellent!

reading the facts i think yes we should ban it!
but be prepared to face the concequences!
:lol:
heehee

janis x

lol- thanks Sandi. GEEZ YOU ARE SUCH A BUSY BODY. Oh yeah you're a mod lol.

Ok fine be in control- thanks for the cleanup *ahem*

I was wishing I WAS a mod a short while ago ;)

OMG Hydric acid, as it's also known, is lethal stuff if it gets in the wrong hands :rolleyes:

Your link didn't work Heather... here's another... Facts About Dihydrogen Monoxide

Interesting findings if the whole page is read :wink2:

edit: oooh your link is working now, it wasn't before, strange!

heather's link worked with me ok.....food for thought....scary...what else is out there ???......

sandy x

excellent!

reading the facts i think yes we should ban it!
but be prepared to face the concequences!
:lol:
heehee

janis x

BUT it has so many practical uses, do we really want to ban something this useful. :wink2: :wink2:

very clever :wink2: or not :wink2:

Well I am a very proud Mum, my 11 year old has just replied straight away that he knew why or why not this should be banned! I don't know where he gets his brains from!

Hehehehehe. I wouldn't ban it.:lol:

OMG Hydric acid, as it's also known, is lethal stuff if it gets in the wrong hands :rolleyes:

i would second that, just dont go putting in the kettle eh :eek:

Well if it were in fact banned what do you think some of the effects/losses would be?

I must be honest I had no idea there were so many people with a bent scense of humour as me. Pleased to see it ;) All these websites are extremely humourous!

Man I'll be scared next time I have a bath :eek:

Whats REALLY funny is how many people get sucked into this kind of SCARE-formation and go running with it!!!

Humans at their worst are jittery, nervous beings looking for something to support or revile, and its all from a lack of some minor research into their supposed cause.

Makes you think huh?

Im so proud to be part of a communtity that is so EDUCATED. :)

having lost my mother to cancer, a year ago on the 17th, after her diagnosis on cancer, i was reading up on anything i could...

scary stuff...if we done everything we read about, we would hardly eat, wash, shower or use products..

showers were a good culprit, as ur pores are open with the hot water and the chemicals in the water get into ur body

chemicals used for cleaning the house, and products like creams and deodorants etc were high on the list of carcinogenics also..

it was said that cancer hasnt just increased by magic over the last 100 years, the accelerant of products and new developments on chemicals and products has increased the amount of cancer deaths..

I agree heather. It is quite funny, funny that people rely soley on information provided to them rather than doing simple research themselves. Humans are very gullable in nature. My dad always told me I was to skeptical, but sometimes it is a good thing.:green:

I think skepticism is ok, as long as you have IMAGINATION ;)

I think being a skeptic is under-rated. To often I am talking with people who have heard that xyz can hurt you. Or that orange juice has chemicals in it! OMG - Not orange juice!!
*just so you know, acetone is in the make up of actual oranges. People are often surprised to find out that "chemicals" won't kill you on contact. Heck we are chemicals.

I must say it would be nice for once not to hear some crazy unproven statistic - or even worse fear marketing without any proof or statistics at all!

If we lived in fear of what "might" hurt us - we'd be better off not living at all.

Best thing to do.... go and find out TRUTH before judging anything...

*steps down off soap box*

Latest posts

Back