Chemical peels

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kaiguest

Reaction score
Hiya, I'm not sure if I'm in the right place but it's skin so hopefully someone might give me a little advice on skin peels.

I have combination skin, quite prone to spots and I had really bad spots during school and I've been left with a really uneven skin tone, scaring and rather large pores. I really do take care of my skin, I won't use cheap skin care products and never have. I do wear make up in order to cover the above. I'd prefer not to really and just use a tinted moisturiser or something along those lines.

And I exfoliate once maybe twice a week and I also have microdermabrasion occasionally.

So a chemical peel I think is probably the best way to go. Any ideas which?

Hi
A glycolic skin peel may well suit your skin. You usually need a course of maybe 3. They are done in clinics and are a stronger treatment than most salons can offer. Ill pm you a website of a clinic that's not too far from you. Their website a has a lot of info on different types of peel too.
I can't personsly recommend them but I have clients that have used them.
Josie x

Thanks josie that's lovely of you to do, I have heard of a glycolic peel. Do they all seem to be happy with the results?

I've had a tca chemical peel which was simply amazing by the time my skin fell off especially as it reduced my acne scaring and my large pores cx

Yes, the ones I know of have had them for acne scaring. Glycolic seem to be the first type people try. Just do a bit of research and make sure you have a good consultation with and experienced practitioner or nurse. Then you'll get the right treatment
X

I'll be keeping a lookout on this thread, as i am prone to acne scarring aswell & would like to hear from anyone who can recommend the best & safest peel x

Before I would recommend any peels, can you advise exactly what products you are currently using. What cleanser are you using? Have you applied any prescriptive topicals? What have you tried in the past for your acne. There are many treatment options I would consider in clinic but it is really important to ascertain what you have tried in the past and what you are using now.

Firstly I would say STOP EXFOLIATING. Without actually seeing you it is difficult to advise but first things first.

i always thought exfoliating helped with scarring etc :/ erm ive had prescription creams (always made my skin far too dry) and also ive had antibiotics.

im currently using checks and balances foaming cleanser and i also use balanced diet moisturiser.

i dont like toners they break me out ive trialled lots of different types and still have the same outbreaks.

ive tried many ranges of cleansers etc for acne prone skin, oily skin and combination, atm im happy with my cleanser and moisturiser my break outs have reduced dramatically.

thanks everyone for the feedback :D

I would recommend a course of peels, I have seen some fantastic results with the glycolic peels for scaring and large pores, pigmentation problems to! derma rollers may be an option also x

I would recommend a course of peels, I have seen some fantastic results with the glycolic peels for scaring and large pores, pigmentation problems to! derma rollers may be an option also x

Skin Peels and Micro needling are a great choice of treatment for scaring, enlarged pores. There are a variety from Organic Passion fruit to TCA peel. Just make sure you have a thorough consultation before making any decisions

Latest posts

Back