Chest Wax for Charity oops!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amanda's

Reaction score
Hiya

Just thought I would share this with you all...

I have agreed to help raise money for my son's (under 10's) football team, by waxing his manger. Problem is now, I have found out that Im to do this infront of all the sponsors at the team's grounds and the local press!! oops!!

I know this will be good publicity for me but this is only the second chest wax that I have done and Im really scared now.....why do I do these things to myself...he he

Any one got any tips?:eek:

get practicing on all the men you know! LOL

good luck hun and well done you for supporting the charity x

Very good advise hun, just hard getting them to agree!! x

Hi Amanda,

A few tips as requested :D

• Trim long hair with a pair of clippers before you start - you'll be able to see the direction of growth a lot better and the hair won't get matted in the wax, making your job easier and the whole experience less painful for your client.
  • As a general rule, there tends to be a central line of hair growing down the middle of the chest to the navel - clear this line first, which will give you a clean edge to work from, then wax either side of the body. Hair over the collarbone tends to grow up towards the head, the rest of the hair tends to grow in towards the middle of the body.
  • Annoyingly, however, the hair on some blokes can grow in crazy wild patterns that don't follow the above rules, so make sure you check this before you start and then just apply the wax in sections according to the direction of growth as you normally would. Be especially aware of circular "whorls" of hair that some men get, and do these bits methodically and in small sections at a time.
  • Ask your client to turn his head to either side when waxing the very top of the chest - you don't want to accidentally clout him in the nose with a rogue wax strip (been there, done that!!) :lol:
  • Don't wax over the the nipples - the edge of the areola is fine however.
  • Watch out for catching stray armpit hairs!
  • Finally, be mindful that the chest is one of the most tender areas to wax on a fella. The hair is also very deeply rooted with a rich blood supply - expect blood spotting (wear gloves!) and first time waxees may even get a very pronounced histamine reaction. The chest is also prone to infection if the client doesn't look after the area - sweat and friction from shirts combined with open follicles are a nightmare waiting to happen, and may result in little whiteheads forming. Wearing a clean t-shirt immediately after the wax and applying a good antiseptic product for a few days will help prevent this.
Hope that helps - above all, ignore the fact it's a chest and just remember to follow all the normal rules of waxing - you'll be fine! Good luck, I hope it raises lots of money :D

Andy

Andy

Thank you so much for that!

Think you have made me even more nervous now tho lol
Good tip about turning the head - as Im sure my son would never get a game again if I clout him teehee!

I hope so too - will let you know the out-come

Thanks again

Amanda's said:
Think you have made me even more nervous now tho lol

Don't be nervous hun, just remember it's an area of skin like any other and the hair comes off in the same way - and from personal experience of charity waxings, you'll get lots of cheers and support from the onlookers to keep you motivated!

You'll be fantastic, I'm 110% sure of it :)

Amanda's said:
Hiya

Just thought I would share this with you all...

I have agreed to help raise money for my son's (under 10's) football team, by waxing his manger. Problem is now, I have found out that Im to do this infront of all the sponsors at the team's grounds and the local press!! oops!!

I know this will be good publicity for me but this is only the second chest wax that I have done and Im really scared now.....why do I do these things to myself...he he

Any one got any tips?:eek:
You go girl................
us woman go through the torture of waxing every few months! even then the men moan as soon as it grows back!
you show them! and dont feel sorry for him if he can be a manager of a football team,i am sure he has gone through worse on the pitch!
well done for doing it for charity, let us know hoe much you raise!

and if theres any photo that would be fab1
well done again

thats great, where is it going to be as i noticed your from essex........
i might pop along to give a fellow geek some support :)

Good luck you'll be fine, just relax & enjoy!!! Pics would be good especially of his face half way through lol!!:evil: :lol:

leah82 said:
Good luck you'll be fine, just relax & enjoy!!! Pics would be good especially of his face half way through lol!!:evil: :lol:

I agree we need pics :twisted:

Amanda

Lily said:
I agree we need pics :twisted:

Amanda

You 'orrible lot, lol!! :lol: :lol: :D

Andy

Teehee.....

Ok girls pics I will get....ooooo!

son plays for Dagenham United - so its at they grounds in dag east on the 8th May (its a Sat) but yeah more geeks suport would go down a treat..x

Ohh and Andy if you were free you could be my back up.....he he he

Latest posts

Back