Chester with the kids

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlamourEyes11

Reaction score
So... we spend a lot of time in Chester every year. (Used to be every weekend) but it's just me and my partner normally.

But on Wednesday we're heading up with my 2 gorgeous nephews (aged 4 and 9).

Trying to find things to do with them. We had it all planned out, but weather looks poop, so looking for a few ideas so we have options :)

We're definitely doing Chester Zoo. They'd like to do Crocky Trail (weather permitting). Going on the Dee. Doing Ice Cream Farm.

Any other suggestions?
Any indoor ideas if the weather is rubbish?
Best place to go swimming? (I.e. with slides etc)

Thanks

Xxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi there, I live near Chester. There's a place called Northgate arena about 2 minutes from Chester City centre with a swimming pool and water slides.

There's also the blue planet aquarium at Cheshire Oaks (15 minutes from Chester). Which is fun for kids, there's tunnels and things where the fish are swimming around you! So if the weather is bad then this is a perfect place to go as it's all indoors.

The ice cream farm is good for young kids, there's a small animal zoo and a bug hunt. And you can see the cows being milked. But unless the weather is good you won't make a full day out of this. There's also a candle factory near to the ice cream farm where children can make their own candles - that's great fun! Kids of all ages can do it safely too, it's all supervised etc - and indoors.

Those are just a few ideas but chester itself has plenty to do. If the weather is nice there's plenty of walks around the walls, parks and along the river.

Enjoy your trip to chester, I hope this helped and I hope the sun shines! X

Hi there, I live near Chester. There's a place called Northgate arena about 2 minutes from Chester City centre with a swimming pool and water slides.

There's also the blue planet aquarium at Cheshire Oaks (15 minutes from Chester). Which is fun for kids, there's tunnels and things where the fish are swimming around you! So if the weather is bad then this is a perfect place to go as it's all indoors.

The ice cream farm is good for young kids, there's a small animal zoo and a bug hunt. And you can see the cows being milked. But unless the weather is good you won't make a full day out of this. There's also a candle factory near to the ice cream farm where children can make their own candles - that's great fun! Kids of all ages can do it safely too, it's all supervised etc - and indoors.

Those are just a few ideas but chester itself has plenty to do. If the weather is nice there's plenty of walks around the walls, parks and along the river.

Enjoy your trip to chester, I hope this helped and I hope the sun shines! X

Thanks so much :)

Oh yes we've been to northgate before actually :) we've also done blue planet. We went there last time we took my nephew with us.
I'll see if they're up for candle making.

Anything nearby like Liverpool or Manchester you'd recommend? We don't mind about an hours drive from Chester

Xxx

Space port at Seacombe ferry, the pirate ship in new Brighton, crazy golf in new Brighton, museums in Liverpool :)
Anna xxx
Sent from sugarfarie hq

Space port at Seacombe ferry, the pirate ship in new Brighton, crazy golf in new Brighton, museums in Liverpool :)
Anna xxx
Sent from sugarfarie hq

Space port was another place I'd been looking at actually. Is it any good?

Thanks
Xx

There's lots to do in/near Chester.

The Crocky Trail at Waverton....be prepared to get muddy.
Chester Park, complete with miniature railway.
The Dewa experience.....march with Roman soldiers round Chester (check website for days)
During August there are workshops in the Grosvenor museum.

Have fun!

I will see what's on at the museum thanks.

We have every day arranged already. But most of it is outside so we want some back up plans incase we get rained off! :)

Xxx

I went to Chester on a hen weekend last year and on the Sunday morning we went pottery painting at The Spotty Pig. It was ace! :)

Tara Louise Tans x

I went to Chester on a hen weekend last year and on the Sunday morning we went pottery painting at The Spotty Pig. It was ace! :)

Tara Louise Tans x

I'll look that up. Thanks :) xxx

Latest posts

Back