Chicken pops (pox)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nails<3

Reaction score
My daughter has got the dreaded chicken pox or as she calls them chicken pops :).

She has got quite a few on her face and all on the top of her back. Her legs are ok but they are appearing on her arms now.

Once the scabs have formed and are not contagious is there anything I can put on her skin to reduce any scarring or red marks.

I have brought her some dead sea salts and bathe her with it in to reduce any itching she may and calamine lotion but she is only 4 so doesn't really understand that if she is itching she can't scratch.

Thanks x

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1343541477.051948.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1343541477.051948.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 194
Hi, sorry to hear your daughter has the "pops", my daughter eats coco "pox" every morning, lol.
You can try piriton as it can help with the itching and keeping her cool. My daughter was literally covered and we have pretty much escaped any scarring. Hope this helps and she gets better soon xxx

I got chicken pox for the first time last year! I took piriton (I think it was 4 times a day) it completely knocked me out and I kept applying camomile lotion all the time!! I've not got one scar or mark from it! X

Lol coco pox :) we go on holiday next week so feel very sorry for her at the moment. She has just had a salt and bicarbonate bath and loads of lotion on her. She doesn't have a fever or anything which is great.

Hopefully they just disappear then and don't leave anything behind. Silly question but will the sun do anything to help. I know uv rays help spots but if she is in the garden will it help them to heal iykwim?

Thank you x

Both my babies, well one almost 4 and a six month old had them earlier this year. There is a special cream for chicken pox. Can't remember name, but the word soothe is in the title and it had a blond haired boy on the packet if that helps! My two do unfortunately have a couple of scars from where they scratched, but very faint. It takes ages for the last spots to go!!!

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using SalonGeek

[QUOTE=Nails

Forget that last question, she isn't allowed in the garden as the sun may make her sweat and itchy even more.

Cool baths, loose clothing. Pitiful works wonders and the calamine cream is so much better than the lotion. Make sure you use cotton wool balls to apply it though. It doesn't dry up as quickly as lotion does so stats cooling for longer

My best friends little boy had them a few weeks ago and she been drumming into me what to to/use in case my son gets them. I couldn't remember has been a good 6-7 years since my daughter had them.

My little man has been around several kids with them and hasn't broken out yet! Very frustrating lol

I will send the other half out to get the cream instead then. She is a tough little cookie and hasn't moaned or complained once. I have had to cancel my clients for next week as she won't be returning to nursery anytime soon. They are quite understanding though. She gets to sleep in big bed which she loves and her dad is promoted to the bunk beds :) x

Aww bless little heart she is to cute for words! Sorry to hear she has the pops though lol

Aww bless little heart she is to cute for words! Sorry to hear she has the pops though lol

Lol thanks, she is a terror. Currently in the bath again as she was itchy. X

Ahh bless her, just as everyone else has said loose clothing, cool baths and camomile lotion but piriton is a good idea, also may put mitts on when she goes to sleep so she is not scratching then x x

Oh no! Poor little lady, chicken pox is the worst especially at such a young age when little ones don't understand. I know we're not supposed to sell things on here but I work for an amazing company with outstanding products which target conditions/ailments such as this, it takes the itch away & heals the skin with amazing results. If you are interested please don't hesitate to PM me, hope she gets better soon!

Last edited:
there's a homeopathic remedy called rhus tox that takes the itch out of chicken pox. i used it on my 4 when they had them. some of them still got marks but at least they weren't as uncomfortable.

My daughter had chicken pox at 18 months, I tried the calamine lotion and it didn't do much but soon as I tried "Eurax" (an anti itching cream, the change was amazing. It really calmed her down bless her. Hope she gets better soon x

My boys had 'chicken in a box' when they were younger. :lol: Calamine lotion helped with the itching.

My boys had 'chicken in a box' when they were younger. :lol: Calamine lotion helped with the itching.

Haha that's great :) I am applying the lotion to her and seems to be working. Just a waiting game now for them to stop appearing and go! X thank you all for your suggestions x

Ahh bless her, just as everyone else has said loose clothing, cool baths and camomile lotion but piriton is a good idea, also may put mitts on when she goes to sleep so she is not scratching then x x

Haha I don't know if you've seem the friends episode where pheobe and her navy boyfriend get the chicken pox and they keep itching so they get oven mitts sellotaped to their hands .. Sorry just reminded me of this hahahah

But aww she looks a cutie! Same advice as everyone else has said really but hope she gets better soon for her hols!!! Xxx

Haha I don't know if you've seem the friends episode where pheobe and her navy boyfriend get the chicken pox and they keep itching so they get oven mitts sellotaped to their hands .. Sorry just reminded me of this hahahah

But aww she looks a cutie! Same advice as everyone else has said really but hope she gets better soon for her hols!!! Xxx

Haha yeah have seen that one. Think I might have to get the oven mits out :) we have till Saturday till the pops go which is doubtful so no pool for her. She will be fine though x

Why did someone remove the smily from my thread title. Jeez

About half a tub of Bicarbonate of Soda in a lukewarm bath relieves the itching totally for quite a while

My kids had chickenpox a few years ago now and at the time, there was a bit of an epidemic of it in our area . . . someone told me about the Bicarb and when I went in our big Tesco to get some the shelf was clear lol so I had to get some elsewhere

But it does help relieve it a lot. Quite a cheap remedy too! x

Try some poxclin or virasoothe fab stuff x

Latest posts

Back