Children in salon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a woman in once for a full body massage, facial & shellac fingers & toes.. and she brought her six year old, on scooter! This horrible child scooted backwards and forwards at reception for about three hours demanding sweets and drinks and magazines from the apprentice and shouting at the top of her voice 😒 so offputting to other clients! xo

When I had a room for my treatments at my house a "friend" brought her son with her. He was 11 at the time, so I thought he'd be no problem, he managed to block both my toilets he broke a door. When she left she said I thought your hubby would be at home so he could look after my son. Told her no, my husband was out with my sons so she could have her treatments. No sorry or anything. I then had a 3 clients turn up for a tanning party with 3 children with them. Once they had gone I went into my front room and the children had stolen some of my sons toys. I have since added a notice on my facebook page and website advising my insurance does not cover children please do not bring them with you for your treatment. I have since turned away 2 clients with children.

Leely x

I had a woman turn up for a facial christmas eve with a 4 year old . Made her rebook !!!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using SalonGeek mobile app

I had a woman turn up for a facial christmas eve with a 4 year old . Made her rebook !!!

Ha what she say?

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

She re booked for when there back in school . Poor child would of been bored stupid . And I've no where for him to go other than sit in the floor in treatment room lol

There's a child in again.... stomping round the place. Sitting at the reception desk and coming through the back just to stare at me..... aarrghh go away

On tuesday my last day of work before xmas so i had that saturday feeling. My first client for full head of foils and cut brought her 3 little devil sons with her. It was horrible. I had such a headache and they ruined my buzz!
They were fighting and arguing
Went to toilet and left the door open
Running in and out the salon
Being huffy and moaning
Made me sad lol

Had a preschool and boys cut in today. Mum bought all 3 of her children.

He eldest is lovely and polite. I honestly wonder how he turned out so well.

She's one of those soft spoken, 'oh darling don't do that.' Type parents.

I have colouring and dominoes in the salon to entertain kids. However today we had screaming and fighting. That's kind of fine.

However the kids clamber over my furniture, spin the chairs, including the one I'm trying to use (I have locked it but they still try). Then the decided to pick up all the hair off the floor. Literally under my feet. How do I tell these kids off without undermining or offending the parent?!

One of the children (under 5) was hitting their mother. I nearly flipped at this. Yet mum was more concerned about the kid picking it's nose after than the fact her child hits!!

So if kids break stuff who is paying for damage? And yes kids shall learn how to behave in different environments but this only works if the parents deal with their kids in the right way in the first place and not let them do however they please.

That's a ridiculous situation and one which would be annoying and uncomfortable for any other clients in the salon. I would expect the salon owner/manager to take control in that situation if I was another client.

Kids who won't take any notice of their mum often respond to a small ticking off from someone in charge. Could you not say to their mum would you like me to just quieten them down a bit? I bet she'd jump at it!

A kid ran riot in my house once (I do nails from home) and I didn't hesitate to call out for them to come and sit by mummy - how dare they run off upstairs wtf. My kids wouldn't have dreamed of doing that and I was even a bit of a softie but they were taught to have a bit of respect for other people and their things

Sorry for the whinge lol people like that make me cross!!

That's a ridiculous situation and one which would be annoying and uncomfortable for any other clients in the salon. I would expect the salon owner/manager to take control in that situation if I was another client.

Kids who won't take any notice of their mum often respond to a small ticking off from someone in charge. Could you not say to their mum would you like me to just quieten them down a bit? I bet she'd jump at it!

A kid ran riot in my house once (I do nails from home) and I didn't hesitate to call out for them to come and sit by mummy - how dare they run off upstairs wtf. My kids wouldn't have dreamed of doing that and I was even a bit of a softie but they were taught to have a bit of respect for other people and their things

Sorry for the whinge lol people like that make me cross!!
I'm at the moment on my own so it was purely bothering me.

I think next time I will say something. I'm just worried I'll undermine the parent. And she'll be offended.

I normally say something like 'stop that you will hurt yourself' and when they get on the cutting stool for a spin I say I need to use that now Thankyou! By then the mum normally gets the message and sorts them out but some mums seem scared of their toddlers and are worried to upset them! We had a 2 year old in not long ago demanding to her mum to put YouTube on their iPad! They run rings around their parents these days, I would never have got away with it, my mum was positively Victorian!

I have no problem with telling children off a little tbh.. they usually get really embarrassed when someone else says something. If they're jumping on a chair ill say something like "i hope you're not breaking my chair" or something then the mom usually realises and tells them

Kids have no respect for anything. Had one swinging on the arm of my new chairs today! Parents said sod all!
I don't think it's safe for them at all, I had one child stick their arm in my bin the other week. That bin is full of foils with colour on!
I also have clients holding their babies in their arms when they have a head full of colour! Can you be any more stupid!

I'm getting quite a few clients come into the salon and leaving their kids in reception unsupervised. They are a right pain in the...
The other day a lady was about and hour and a half!
I don't mind clients bringing their kids but they must have them in the treatment room but they don't want to when they are having a Brazilian or facial.

What would be the best way to word a sign/email/fb post along the lines of no unsupervised children to be left alone pissing off me and the rest of the customers?

I'm getting quite a few clients come into the salon and leaving their kids in reception unsupervised. They are a right pain in the...
The other day a lady was about and hour and a half!
I don't mind clients bringing their kids but they must have them in the treatment room but they don't want to when they are having a Brazilian or facial.

What would be the best way to word a sign/email/fb post along the lines of no unsupervised children to be left alone pissing off me and the rest of the customers?
I'll send you a photo of a poster I made so feel free to pinch it. I'll send it when I'm in work x

You're amazing. Thank you x

I found these online if it helps anyone out lol

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1460270863.278136.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1460270879.728124.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1460270893.761386.jpg

As you take a client through you say "oh sorry, the children can't stay here unattended" then see how much they enjoy their facial or Brazilian with kids there. They will never bring them again.

A simple sign saying
"For insurance purposes, children cannot be left unattended" is enough.
If you have regulars who book for a Brazilian then bring 3 children with them, you can call them and say "just to let you know, for insurance purposes, we now have a policy that children can't be left unattended". They then have the option to change or cancel their booking. You can even hint that something happened.

I was waxing a clients lip and she left her baby in a car seat and her toddler on their own in my reception. I had the door open and was the only therapist in. I heard a noise and looked out. The toddler was skidding the car seat all over my brand new floor. I just ran out and said "OI THAT'S ENOUGH. You have to sit here quietly" which the terrified child did. She's not been back. Shame :D

On a Tuesday I'm on my own in the salon and tell clients that they can bring babies in if they want to. I'm a breastfeeding counsellor as well so sit doing a pedi advising on their latch lol. As the child gets older, the parent realises that the salon is no place for a child. I make it clear ;)

Vic x

Thanks everyone. I do tell my clients that but the other girls do not. I'm going to put someone simple on my next newsletter.

Maybe I could take all the children and give them to the goblin king!

Latest posts

Back