Chin wax on an 88 yr old!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tan&Wax

Reaction score
I don't usually do a lot of mobile work but a lady phoned me and asked me to wax her mothers chin. I use perron rigot pure hot wax so wasn't too worried about the ladies age and when I got there her skin wasnt too bad.

The wax generally went ok but i'd like some advice - basically the lady wasn't v mobile and was sat in a chair and could barely put her head back. I struggled a bit really but got it all out. Any tips for next time as she has re booked!

Caroline xx

If she hasn't got a recliner see if you can seat her on a lower (high-backed) chair if she has one...and place a cushion behind head so neck is supported and she's not straining backwards. Work from behind her head, which if she's a good deal lower will help..obviously ensuring wax pot is in situ so as not to be passing hot wax over her face! Usual hot/hard wax application for chin...the oil prior to wax really does help soften/stretch maturer skin too.

She's re-booked which is a great complement...so don't be too harsh/critical of yourself...we all have to improvise at times and being responsive/flexible to senarios actually reassures clients and installs confidence!

You are and will continue to be just grand! :)

I would suggest the same ask if she has another chair where she could recline back while supporting her neck and head and this would allow you to get under her chin. Or if the client is able to lie on her back and you could work round the bed. I have a lady who comes in and again like you say is not very mobile at first it was a bit tricky but I just had to adjust to suit my client and you need to make the client feel comfortable x

Latest posts

Back