Chipped Gel Tips!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hopi679

Reaction score
I have been using NSI Balnce gel products which I think are great and I usually work well with them.
I applied several sets of gel nails, all with tips last week and all seem ok ( had no calls about breakages, chipping etc )apart from one set.:cry:
The girl rang to say that 3 had chipped on the end on the white tip bit.
When I looked the tip was still intact but just the corners of gel had broken off.....I think she may be quite heavy handed but when I asked if she felt she had maybe done anything to cause this ( tactfully of course ) she got really defensive and I felt quite intimidated,this has knocked my confidence a bit..Help any suggestions on what I am doing wrong?
I know they can last longer than this as one set I have done have been on for over 6 weeks with 2 wk maintenance and not one has chipped on the end.:) Please HELP.XXXXX

I think you have answered this yourself :) You did many clients nails with no problems at all yet one client gets a problem I would say if the tip is still intact that maybe she has knocked the nail. Was it one nail involved or more ?????

Ok just read that 3 nails were involved were they all on the same hand ??

index and middle finger on right hand and index on left, I guess you use these fingers more!

Did this client have her nails the same shape has the others and did you cap all the edges of the free-edge ?

yes all were square and edges capped, I feel sure I am applying the right way but not so sure about defensive clients with attitude, I said I would only charge her for a 1 week tidy up price and not for the replacements as this worked out cheaper and she was fine after that, I felt pushed into a corner to do this as I wasn't going to admit fault as I dont think it was my application to blame but I felt like she wanted me to!
How can 1 client make you feel so bloomin crap?!!!!!:!:

did you use white tips..?

I used natural tips and blended them and then used the extreme paint on white gel.

This happened to me aswell a few weeks ago!

I have just started working again as a nailtechnician since i moved from belgium to Sweden. All my customers worked out fine besides one girl that came one and a half weeks later back to complain that her nails just came of and that she didn,t even worked or do anything " if you are one and a half a week in a coma ok...then you literaly didn,t do anything, elsewise you always touch something on a dailey base, preparing food, laundrey, dishes, blabla"
She acted very defensive about it aswell, like it was my fault that the gel came of on two fingers on the corners.
I fixed them for free to make her happy since i want to keep al of my customers but afterwards i felt upset of how i could have been tricked into doing it for free.
I think if you have a person with this type of attitude they will always give trouble since they have a way of blaming it on the nailtech. and don,t admit any wrongdoing themselves.
This was actually a lesson for myself to be firmer in the future with these type of clients...
So i know exactly how you feel :hug: don,t take it harsh, you know better next time

Thats good to know that I am not the only one! Thanks for your kind words of support.x

Latest posts

Back