Chipped Shellac day after application

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Falcs

Reaction score
Im a new so learning as i practice, i prepped nails as i was taught but day after a top corner had chipped off. What causes this? Thnx x

Can you tell us how you prep the nails, outline step by step how you do your shellac and it might show up something to why it's chipped?

Washed hands, did the cuticles dry, filed, squeeky cleaned them, base coat 10 secs cured, colour 2mins cured x2, top coat cured 2mins, removed inhibition layer. Xx

Great, basics are there, just a couple of questions......did you use cuticle remover? If so, which one and how did you deactivate it?

Are you applying the shellac really thin?

And finally which lamp are you using?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Also, are you using "Scrubfresh" to prep the nail?

are the nails you applied it on really thin and bendy?

Thanks all for the replies. I didn't use a cuticle remover just an orange stick - is that ok to do? I do have cnd remover on order, then Scrub Fresh to remove any 'bits'. I used a CND lamp as i got a start up kit from S2. Her nails are hard and deep ridged, not brittle at all. She has arthritus so quite uneven surface. Confused!!

Was it just the polish that chipped, or has a layer of nail come off too?
(When you performed the treatment you may have noticed if her nails were peeling)

Just the polish...

I keep playing it over but no idea!

It could be that you're applying the layers to thickly or it could be you've not sealed the free edge with all layers.

Just to warn you, you need to be really careful with cuticle away( when you get it). If you don't completely remove/deactivate it, it will cause more problems. So just be really thorough.

Thank you. I'll keep practising x

Latest posts

Back