Chipping OPI GelColour

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

happy_girl

Reaction score
Hi sorry I'm on my phone so can't search. I'm after some advice as I'm really starting to stress it's just I'm finding alot of clients that are having the gelcolour is chipping a few days later and doesn't last 14 days. I prep really well and cap etc
Any advice etc would be great

There can be lots of reasons so do have a search when you can get on another device.We have never had the chipping problem, I do find it can shrink back a bit so its either work very quick or freeze each nail because if it shrinks back your capping will not have stayed put.Have you an led lamp.

I have the opi lamp which I love to be honest. I think I need to get my laptop out and search. Do you ever have problems with it chipping can I ask

Sorry just re read and seen u have not

Their lamp is fab best lamp I've ever had and really robust I've dropped it on the floor a few times as it sits on top of my Calgel lamp but its been fine mind you its metal and like a little tank :).
Do you think you might be putting it on too thickly which would mean it wouldn't be curing all the way through.You could try doing two layers of top coat we do that with our heavy handed clients.

I love love love O.P.I. I've not had any issues with chipping, at least not before 11 or 12 days (and that's rare). My issue is it can be a stubborn bugger to remove at times ;) lol x x

My issue is it can be a stubborn bugger to remove at times ;) lol x x[/QUOTE]

Am with you on that one...why is that?? x:eek:

Really, I find it so easy to remove. Lifts off completely after 10 mins, although admittedly I had trouble getting one of the neon colours off the other day

I love love love my lamp. If I'm honest I think I maybe putting it on to thick I will check that next time. One last question I have always got opi from Sallys as believe there is a minimum first order amount from lena white is that right?!?!

I love love love my lamp. If I'm honest I think I maybe putting it on to thick I will check that next time. One last question I have always got opi from Sallys as believe there is a minimum first order amount from lena white is that right?!?!

No I don't think there is a minimum order. Over a certain amount you do get free postage but so long as you don't mind paying the postage I am pretty sure there is no minimum order

Sent from my LG-D950 using SalonGeek mobile app

My issue is it can be a stubborn bugger to remove at times ;) lol x x

Am with you on that one...why is that?? x:eek:[/QUOTE]

Shellac seems to b the best for removal, 8 mins after being wrapped it just flakes off.

Sent from my LG-D950 using SalonGeek mobile app

I am also having issues with the removal, not so much the colour coats which either curl up or flake off, but the base coat. After 15 mins the base coat can still be on the nail, do you all re wrap and soak for how long? also if there are some residual bits of base left on do you lightly buff them off? Could it be that I am applying the base too thick? I try to do as thin a coat as possible.

We use Shellac, OPI Gelcolor And Le chat and I find the OPI comes off by far the best.
We wrap the nails in foil then in mitts then into pre-heated mitts, 5 mins later it just dissolves. Never once had a problem.

Latest posts

Back