Chocolate Treatments - Just a Fad?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicola x

Reaction score
I'm just starting to offer treatments mobile and want to get a new product range - not to expensive, but nice to work with and offer good treatments.
I've been looking at the chocholate treatments, Does any one use products like these and what do you think of them?

Thanks x

We use Matispa body treatments at the salon and we offer a Hot Foaming Cocoa Wrap but to be quite honest we don't do very many at all. It's a shame really because it's a really nice relaxing treatment.

HTH
xx:hug:xx

Chocolate...that is chocolate over 70%,has a very high anti oxidants,more so than wine...LOL.

It also produces pheromones in the body which promotes well being.

We do chocolate treatments,towels infused with chocolate,choc cleansers and creams....people either love it or hate it.

You as a therapist have to believe in it though to promote it...otherwise the client will pick up on you and wont believe in it themselves.

beautyguru,
how do you infuse your towels, that sound fab!

beautyguru,
how do you infuse your towels, that sound fab!
Use a hot cabbi,place some towels to haet them up in,and when they are warm drop some chocolate oil onto them...or you can place some drops of oil onto the towels prior to placing them into the hot cabbi.

I tand to do the first way if i have alot of facials that day,but are mixed...i.e Academie aswell as karin Herzog,as if you do the latter method your hot cabbi just smells of chocolate inside aswell...!!:lol:

thanks for that beautyguru. where do you get the chocolate oil from?

I've bought some chocolate aroma massage oil.

germain de cappucini (sp?) do some fabulous chocolate products xxx

i promote chocolate treatments in winter, they are always popular xx

which range do you use jennykins?

Just trained in Gerards and their chocolate body and face treatments are excellent. I was skeptical but after doing them on my mum her skin looked beautiful and felt incredibly soft (you do a body scrub before the chocolate massage). She is even going to pay me to have regular treatments now! :eek::lol:

you are very lucky Wezzie, I couldn't afford to set up with Gerards. Are you doing it through work or on your own?

I'm doing it on my own. I have been working mobile for 1 and a half years and now am able to upgrade my products. It is a very big outlay but am hoping it will boost my business. :eek: The products do seem very impressive, but the opening order is steap, but you do end up with lots of products and 3 days training.

they told me that I had to take on 6 of the treatments, therefore stock 6 lots of products.

I'm hoping to train with germaine de cappacinni in the New Year but settling at the new therapy room first and get myself established there.

I'm just starting to offer treatments mobile and want to get a new product range - not to expensive, but nice to work with and offer good treatments.
I've been looking at the chocholate treatments, Does any one use products like these and what do you think of them?

Thanks x
I've used chocolate paraffin wax in the past and although it smells yum at first it can leave you with a terrible headache and your hands smell bad after a while. So use with caution!!

Latest posts

Back