chocolate wrap needed! stuck

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
hi,

One of my clients has asked for a chocolate themed body treatment, including a chocolate body wrap?.

I have some chocolate body scrub to start the treatment with a body exfoliation and I now have some chocolate body butter for the lotion massage after but
what do i do for the chocolate wrap?

i have spent toooooo many hours now on the internet.
i dont want a huge outlay.

are there products i can buy to do the chocolate wrap, can I make one myself
just using melted real chocolate and warm oils??? if so what kind of chocolate do I need to source and which oil to add, what ratio?? Is it messy, and can it be sponged off as I do not have a shower to use.

sorry for all the questions but my head is now buzzing from too many hours looking up chocolate wraps on the internet.

Can anyone help!!!!!

Priadara have just introduced a chocolate body wrap - Lovely stuff! You can get it from Ellisons... you couold just buy the wrap if you have everything else and it's quite reasonable price wise.

Priadara have just introduced a chocolate body wrap - Lovely stuff! You can get it from Ellisons... you couold just buy the wrap if you have everything else and it's quite reasonable price wise.

I think it's called ChocoBeauty and they sell it with a heater but I guess you could melt it in something else. From memory I think it's a blend of chocolate and paraffin wax.
(Don't shoot me if I'm wrong!)

Hello
We offer chocolate treatments.
We use Jean D'Arcel products which are lovely. No huge outlay and no min order.
HTH

I think it's called ChocoBeauty and they sell it with a heater but I guess you could melt it in something else. From memory I think it's a blend of chocolate and paraffin wax.
(Don't shoot me if I'm wrong!)
They do swiss chocolate or after eight chocolate, which has menthol in it. it is chocolate in a paraffin wax base. it says that the average body treatment will use 250g and you can buy 3x500g sets seperate from having to buy the heater and stuff..... i think.......

huge plus point.... the wrap peels off!! no need for showers!

When I worked in th espa we mixed cocoa powder with a clay base for wraps put it in the micro until warm not hot and we used that worked wonderful very chocality

I prefer the Vani-t Chocolate Decadance range - the Souffle Mud masque is divine.

Below is a snippet from the link below.
Masque:

To a couple of tablespoons of Dead Sea Mud (or whatever your chosen masque base is) add a tablespoon of cocoa, a tablespoon of honey, some Frankincense essential oil and either Benzoin or Balsam of Peru.

Loads more to tweak n test on the Beauty Tech forums - Recipe's

BeautyTech.com :: View Forum - Recipes

XX J XX

All the above threads have given you supplier suggestions, but remeber they are fairly pricey- and how many chocolate wraps would you realistically do? many salons have paid out fpr this but not found much of a demand for them. maybe making your own would be best on this occasion (you would prob need a high quality chocolate to get the benefits).:)

thanks for all your replies guys.

will research into couple of the new ones not seen on web yet.

to be truthful i have found some lovely ones but on looking into further they are
too pricey for if it turns out to just be a one off.

i will investigate further though, (one that peels off does sound a lot easier/less messy)

however might also order some 100%cocoa chocolate and try testing it out on myself
with some oils to see how it goes on, is it a nitemare to remove.

thanks though to all who have replied and any more input would be greatly appreciated.

Debs

facial co. Jean D'Arcel do one, used it when i worked in a salon, good produce, google the name to get details x hths

I'm a newbie, so just looking through the archives to try and stop myself from repeating questions.

I think that chocolate is definetly 'in' at the moment, so have been looking for a chocolate wrap and possibly a chocolate facial.

Have looked at a few sites, and basically waiting for the companies to get back to me.

Don't want to do a huge outlay.

BeautybyDebbie

I was also interested in the chocobeauty body wrap, but wasnt sure if I could melt it, in my paraffin heater, or if I would need to buy the actual one that goes with it. If you do purchase the chocobeauty, could you please let me know how you get on with melting it?

goodluck with your chocolate search.

Hi Debbie,
I'm waiting for a few companies to get back to me on this.

In answer to past suggestions:
I wouldn't use 'proper' chocolate, as it needs to be tempered. The idea of adding cocoa powder is much easier to use.

why dont you just make your own with cocoa powder and some additives. There are a couple of recipes on here that wouldnt cost much and you can get it at your grocerie store

hiya becca boo,
I'm a newbie, so how would I find these recipes?

Latest posts

Back