Choosing a printer - the local option?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

80's Girl

Reaction score
Hi, there's been a few threads recently about which printing company to use. I looked at a few but couldn't find any that fitted my needs. Some had strange sized business cards, thin card, difficult to use websites, confusing pricing, not updated to Windows 8 etc.

I checked out the yellow pages and found that there a couple in the local area. I got a few prices and decided to meet up with one of them. Went there today with my business card PDF. The guy printed it onto two different types of card for me to look at, even suggesting a pearlised finish which I hadn't considered. He also darkened the image to make it more prominent. I asked for 50 cards but he printed and trimmed 100 for me then and there for £15 (colour, double-sided).

Needless to say I'm chuffed to bits. If I'd sent them to a company on the Internet I wouldn't of been able to see and feel how they looked before they were printed off. I liked talking face-to-face with a human being and was able to discuss other printing options (gummed pads for my aftercare sheets). It felt especially good to support an independent local company and let's not forget I'll be one soon!

So, it's a just suggestion but, why not try a local printing company? :)

My husband works for a printers and so I'm pleased to read your post. Sounds like great service, and a top job. I much prefer that to using the internet for everything!

Hi, there's been a few threads recently about which printing company to use. I looked at a few but couldn't find any that fitted my needs. Some had strange sized business cards, thin card, difficult to use websites, confusing pricing, not updated to Windows 8 etc.

I checked out the yellow pages and found that there a couple in the local area. I got a few prices and decided to meet up with one of them. Went there today with my business card PDF. The guy printed it onto two different types of card for me to look at, even suggesting a pearlised finish which I hadn't considered. He also darkened the image to make it more prominent. I asked for 50 cards but he printed and trimmed 100 for me then and there for £15 (colour, double-sided).

Needless to say I'm chuffed to bits. If I'd sent them to a company on the Internet I wouldn't of been able to see and feel how they looked before they were printed off. I liked talking face-to-face with a human being and was able to discuss other printing options (gummed pads for my aftercare sheets). It felt especially good to support an independent local company and let's not forget I'll be one soon!

So, it's a just suggestion but, why not try a local printing company? :)

Completely agree!

Twitter is full of small, local businesses promoting their services.
Supporting local businesses brings money in to your area and also is a good way of networking.

Ooh they sound great! Would you be able to pm me and let me know which printers it was? Xx

Ooh they sound great! Would you be able to pm me and let me know which printers it was? Xx

Will do Hun but its only worth it if you're in the local area. ;)

I prefer locals for a lot of things. I use a t shirt printer often, and am looking for a good business card printer locally.
I know this sounds harsh as there is someone behind them, but why go to a large faceless company when you can help out people who are in similar situations as ourself? I find I get better quality and service from smaller places as the business is needed more, they appreciate the business and try want to keep you.

I think we should all be using independent shops and business's in our local area, its the only way we can get this country up and running too xoxo

Sense creative are good. High quality and reasonable prices :):)

Someone recommended a company on here a while ago and my friend and I used them to get some flyers printed for a joint venture. Fantastic service, by far the cheapest, quickest delivery, the guy even contacted us to say that the picture resolution wasn't great then searched through their archives found the picture in the right resolution emailed it over and waited while we re jigged the flyer format! They were called leaflet frog xx

I just got 5000 double sided full colour leaflets done for £58. I found them on ebay and was a bit dubious but the quality is fantastic and i would highly recommend them. they were called fairprint leaflets. i did try local but to be honest they were almost double the price
Full Colour 130gm Gloss Flyers/Leaflets FROM £30 | eBay

Latest posts

Back