Christmas Fair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elegant

Reaction score
Hi guys, i'm doing a School Christmas Fair in the middle of November and was wondering if anyone had any ideas of how to promote my Shellac Services.

I did the same fair during the summer offered file & polish using Vinylux and it was a great success on the day, I was constantly busy doing both children and their mums and gave out lots of leaflets but had no repeat business.

This time I will be offering file & polish again but will add glitter and nail stamping as extras. I will be able to offer some sort of Shellac demo but not sure what to do and was wondering if anyone has done this in the past and what success you had.

I had thought maybe offering Shellac to one or two nails, which will compliment their Vinylux and give them a little removal kit to take it off at home so they can see how well it wears.

I'm also going to sell my retail products in gift sets..as anyone done this before? I'm not sure whether to buy enough to sell on the day or just make display ones which people can order??????????????I don't want to be stuck with lots of products if they don't sell.

mmm decisions, decisions...thanks everyone xx

I haven't done school fairs but I have done a couple of charity ones. I offer a choice of file & polish with ordinary polish, Shellac or Shellac Rockstars (I spend a lot of time explaining what Shellac is but most people go for it in the end). I retail Solar Oil as I always carry that and explain that it is part of the after care but I would take orders for anything else (Large deposit/full payment for ordered items in advance) so you aren't left with lots of stuff you don't want & can't sell. Hope that helps.

Thanks Emily

That is a great help. Did you find you managed to get through many clients at the fair by doing a full sets of Shellac? I'm conscious I am only there from 9.30-3.30 and I take about 1hr to do a Shellac manicure. When I did the one during the summer I had people lining up waiting for a file & polish.

I def think taking orders for retails products is the way to go and possibly put a few examples/testers on display.

xx

I haven't done school fairs but I have done a couple of charity ones. I offer a choice of file & polish with ordinary polish, Shellac or Shellac Rockstars (I spend a lot of time explaining what Shellac is but most people go for it in the end). I retail Solar Oil as I always carry that and explain that it is part of the after care but I would take orders for anything else (Large deposit/full payment for ordered items in advance) so you aren't left with lots of stuff you don't want & can't sell. Hope that helps.

I've found most people are happy to come back later if you give them a rough time you'll be ready for the next client. It takes me just over half an hour to do a straight forward plain colour Shellac file & polish and about 40 minutes to do Rockstars (obviously that entirely depends on what state the client's nails are in when they sit down and doesn't include removal of existing polish/Shellac). I don't mind how many I do on the day, for me it's excellent advertising and a place to be seen and I make sure everyone goes away happy and with a quality service & good after care advice. I put out photos of my work/nail art (if I offer nail art on the day I try to limit it to particular designs so I know it won't take too long to do, but most people have been very happy with a plain colour/glitter), price lists & business cards so people can look whilst I'm doing someone else's nails. I wouldn't worry so much about how many you can get through on the day. Even if i takes you an hour to do your Shellac service, that's still 6 lots during the fair, and they'll show their friends etc etc. :D I also find that people who can't wait or don't have time/money on the day will often book appointments with me at a later date, so make sure you have your diary handy!

It's def quality service & word of mouth which is most important.

Thanks Emily xx

I've found most people are happy to come back later if you give them a rough time you'll be ready for the next client. It takes me just over half an hour to do a straight forward plain colour Shellac file & polish and about 40 minutes to do Rockstars (obviously that entirely depends on what state the client's nails are in when they sit down and doesn't include removal of existing polish/Shellac). I don't mind how many I do on the day, for me it's excellent advertising and a place to be seen and I make sure everyone goes away happy and with a quality service & good after care advice. I put out photos of my work/nail art (if I offer nail art on the day I try to limit it to particular designs so I know it won't take too long to do, but most people have been very happy with a plain colour/glitter), price lists & business cards so people can look whilst I'm doing someone else's nails. I wouldn't worry so much about how many you can get through on the day. Even if i takes you an hour to do your Shellac service, that's still 6 lots during the fair, and they'll show their friends etc etc. :D I also find that people who can't wait or don't have time/money on the day will often book appointments with me at a later date, so make sure you have your diary handy!

Latest posts

Back