Christmas Greetings

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

number1kitty

Reaction score
This year I refuse to send Christmas cards. Not only is it costly but its a complete waste. How many trees can you save by using alternative solutions.

Not only can you help make a small dent in saving the earth (and money) it saves you running around your shop/living room picking cards up off the floor every time someone shuts a door or walks past them!!!!!

For Example, I will send E-cards to my customers via E-mail with a Freebie treatment to be used with a spend of £30 or more, and asking my clients that if they wish to give me a card could they instead write on christmas card tree. I am putting up a tree with gift tags underneath that friends and clients can write a message and hang on the tree. Nice little decoration, less clutter, and less waste!!!

I have also asked my clients to write a cheque or postal order to breast cancer awareness charity instead of bringing in wine, chocolate or flowers. I have said in my newsletter (via e-mail) that I appreciate all the lovely presents that I recieve however as things are tight at the minute I would prefer my clients to keep their money and treat themselves instead. If they feel like they do want to give me something as its their tradition, to instead write a cheque or P/O to breast cancer awareness campaign. A much better cause than chocolates I am sure you will agree.

Any way, Heres my Christmas Greeting to everyone (albeit a bit early, but I will probably be too busy on the run up to xmas).

SO Happy Christmas Fellow Geekers, And Heres To Next Year Being Prosperus For Us All! After All We Are All 2.5% Better Off LOL!!!!:hug:

I have to say, this is one of the best ideas I have heard in a long time, lovely idea about the cheques or PO's.

I hope all your clients are open to this aswell and maybe it will catch on!

GOOD ON U!

:hug:

And MERRY XMAS to you to!
x

I appreciate the sentiment Kitty, but can we kick Christmas back into December please?!
:p

I appreciate the sentiment Kitty, but can we kick Christmas back into December please?!
:p

:lol: In a house with five kids I can safely say Christmas is all ready well and truely here! No kicking it away here even if I want to...........

What a wonderful idea, I'll watch this topic with interest to see if your clients do it. I remember when I was in hospital after one of my babies that the nurses were collecting instead of having thank you gifts and what happened was people donated but felt bad for the nurses so still bought a gift :lol:

:lol: In a house with five kids I can safely say Christmas is all ready well and truely here! No kicking it away here even if I want to...........

What a wonderful idea, I'll watch this topic with interest to see if your clients do it. I remember when I was in hospital after one of my babies that the nurses were collecting instead of having thank you gifts and what happened was people donated but felt bad for the nurses so still bought a gift :lol:

Lol exactly I have three kids and a business. I have been planning xmas since july! (sorry Calla lol!!!)

Hey easter eggs will be in the shops again soon hahaha!

Kate xx

Hi

I think your ideas are really good, however I'm torn as I like to make handmade cards as they are more personal. Its so relaxing and really gets the creative juices flowing. When I get a stock pile I will probably donate some to charity :)

If anyone fancies having a handmade card made just pm me. :)

anne xx

I am putting up a tree with gift tags underneath that friends and clients can write a message and hang on the tree. Nice little decoration, less clutter, and less waste!!!

I have also asked my clients to write a cheque or postal order to breast cancer awareness charity instead of bringing in wine, chocolate or flowers. I have said in my newsletter (via e-mail) that I appreciate all the lovely presents that I recieve however as things are tight at the minute I would prefer my clients to keep their money and treat themselves instead. If they feel like they do want to give me something as its their tradition, to instead write a cheque or P/O to breast cancer awareness campaign. A much better cause than chocolates I am sure you will agree.

I absolutely LOVE your ideas! :hug:

P.S. one of our local radio stations starts playing Christmas music 24/7 on November 1, whether we like it or not. LOL!

Although I agree with the principle of sending e-cards, I feel there is something very impersonal about them. I, for one, would much rather receive a real card tbh.

Lol Matthew wright on the Wright stuff is having a debate this morning questioning whether xmas cards are evil???

Other than e-cards what is an another alternative to xmas cards?

I'm off for a google lol!

Latest posts

Back